Minimum Alcohol pricing coming to Ireland

Didn't find a beer thread to post this but Lidl are doing a nice little range of Belgian beers at the moment. Can recommend (piraat, gulden draak, duvel etc) them all but particularly enjoyed the leute bokbier. Very nice roasted malt flavour, not too hoppy like those Ipa's you see nowadays and not too high in ABV (7.5%) you still wouldn't be sessioning this stuff though.

Didn't find a beer thread to post this but Lidl are doing a nice little range of Belgian beers at the moment. Can recommend (piraat, gulden draak, duvel etc) them all but particularly enjoyed the leute bokbier. Very nice roasted malt flavour, not too hoppy like those Ipa's you see nowadays and not too high in ABV (7.5%) you still wouldn't be sessioning this stuff though.
🤔
7.5 is high imo!

One of the Belgian Trappists has 11.5%. Blow ur head off
Wine strength.
3 bottles and you're steaming.

Not a fan, think I'm past that shite. Much rather enjoy a few bottles with a normal alcohol content and not nearly fall over!
I lived in Holland for a year and tried just about every Belgian beer I could find while I was there. Theres some beautiful stuff and I still veer towards wheat beers now, but you realise after a while that the triple fermented stuff is getting into because they can territory as opposed to being great beers

They were doing the specific glasses for each beer long before the morketing ghoys invented it here. Getting Kwak in the timber bulb holder thing was always a bit of fun

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Blades
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

7th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Juicy Couture Fc

The Pav, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼