Micheál Martin = Ireland's Worst Ever Party Leader

A lot of the FF Parliamentary Party consider that the fact that Michael is not from a Republican background is a serious disadvantage.
For instance Eamon O Caoimh is grandson of Dev and that is Republican enough
H0wever as he may be dithering to jump over to SF they could not make him leader
A possibility is Neil Collins whose family were involved in the Republican struggle in West Limerick and ensured that British solders and RIC men were shot on site in the Republican struggle.
No sure of Sean O Fearaill credentials but he is being talked about in Dublin so there must be some Republican background there also.

A lot of the FF Parliamentary Party consider that the fact that Michael is not from a Republican background is a serious disadvantage.For instance Eamon O Caoimh is grandson of Dev and that is Republican enough
H0wever as he may be dithering to jump over to SF they could not make him leader
A possibility is Neil Collins whose family were involved in the Republican struggle in West Limerick and ensured that British solders and RIC men were shot on site in the Republican struggle.
No sure of Sean O Fearaill credentials but he is being talked about in Dublin so there must be some Republican background there also.

I'd say they couldn't give a flying f**k if he was descended from Oliver Cromwell and Edward Carson if they thought he'd get them into power.
That's the only thing that appeals to FFers. They know damn well that 99.9% of current day voters couldn't care less about what their great grandfather did in 1916 or in civil war.
In fact not being linked to one of the dynastic clans of FF may be advantage to future leaders.

A lot of the FF Parliamentary Party consider that the fact that Michael is not from a Republican background is a serious disadvantage.
For instance Eamon O Caoimh is grandson of Dev and that is Republican enough

This is dead right.

Who could forget when Charlie Haughy leapt out of the GPO in 1916 and soloed a grenade at the end of his hurley down O'Connell st. and let fly into a British barricade?

A few bob here and there is insignificant when you think of this.

Remember when Albert Reynolds sunk HMS Hood?

What about Bertie - who was a cousin of Ghandi and all of the Boers? Real republican pedigree there.

They were real men I tell you.

Reminds me of Scrap Saturday

Of course not a lot of people know this but I have great family ties in Japan. The first was Ayosohi Haughey......... Ahhhh Nippon my Nippon

In relation to the civil war. I know a good few FG members and maybe not with younger members but certainly with older members the very mention of a merger of FF and FG is a very sour point.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

The Days Of Trees (16)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 2pm

More events ▼