MET Eireann issue a weather warning

I get a headache about 10-15 minutes before thunder and lightning. If I get one I'll comment here and you'll have time to find shelter.
Fear not. Sunners and I are monitoring the situation.

TBH I don't really trust Met Eireann weather forecasts much any more. Unpredicted snow. Grim warnings of serious wind and rain that never materialise. I trust YR app on my phone a lot more.

I'm led to believe that in Ireland you'll be correct 52% of the time predicting the weather for tomorrow as being very similar to the weather today and Met Eireann's accurate prediction rate is only about 48% of the time.

Can well recall being in glorious sunshine on the beach in kirry while so-and-so from Met Eireann on the radio was advising that the terrible weather being experienced across the country was due to continue.

If YR predicts bad weather for Cork City I'll believe it though.

TBH I don't really trust Met Eireann weather forecasts much any more. Unpredicted snow. Grim warnings of serious wind and rain that never materialise. I trust YR app on my phone a lot more.

I'm led to believe that in Ireland you'll be correct 52% of the time predicting the weather for tomorrow as being very similar to the weather today and Met Eireann's accurate prediction rate is only about 48% of the time.

Can well recall being in glorious sunshine on the beach in kirry while so-and-so from Met Eireann on the radio was advising that the terrible weather being experienced across the country was due to continue.

If YR predicts bad weather for Cork City I'll believe it though.

Two days out, YR predicting nothing more than strong breeze in Cork, no mention of storm or even gale force winds.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Hollie McNish

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼