Messi better than Maradona

Ah the goalposts always change with these lads. Before Messi won the world cup, the argument was always "until he does it at a world cup, Diego is better".

Now that he has, of course, the goalposts have changed and they actually have the gall the bring up club records and form into the debate?

Future generations will only worship one football god, and his name is Messi. Everyone else is fighting for second, although I would give that spot to Diego.
I never said any such thing m8. Messi is an incredible player, probably the 2nd best player I've ever seen. His achievements speak for themselves. He's magnificent, breathtaking, a football God. Future generations will indeed hear of his legend long after we are all dead and buried

But Maradona was better. Sorry, not sorry.

Maradona's warm up was better than Messi has ever played tbh.
His relationship with a football has probably only been almost equalled by Ronaldinho in terms of the ridiculous things he could do in warmups, etc, in my lifetime. His time at Napoli (which also envelops 86 & 90 with Argentina) was from another planet. He had a few notable team mates on both of those sides but he was huge in carrying them.

Messi was the icing on a seriously tasty cake at Barcelona BUT he has done similar for Argentina with 10 years added to his age compared to what Maradona did in 86 and he has been top class all the way through his post peak years. Nobody at all can match him for longevity.

Given the sport has radically changed since the early 90s, there's just no point in making too many comparisons. They were both amazing and a robust comparison isn't really possible.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

King K

Clancys, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼