Mass Eviction at Cork Apartments

Thats not what I'm saying. The tenants have rights and should be allowed return to their apartment within 6 months from eviction at their normal rental amount. Thats the law

So it would best advised for the landlord to take more than 6 months, he is hardly going to invest 3 mill (?) for the same rental return. That would be lunacy

How do you propose the landlord recoups his refurbishment investment? Should he lie the loss himself? How do you know the existing tenants won't get first dibs on the refurbished apartments at the higher rate?

Maybe they will get offered first dibs at the higher rate after the 6 month period, but its unlikey that the landlord will be letting out the apartments in the future as licencing out apartments is becoming more prevalent.

How many vacant apartments? So you are now dictating how a business should recoup their investment. They own the block and should be entitled to recoup it how they see fit.

25 to 30.

cork city is in a rent pressure zone, rent can only be increased 2% per year for part 4 tenancy.

You think they'll recoup their investment by leaving the apartments empty for 6 months?

Era, I think its bad form, families evicted and made possibly homeless.

25 to 30.

cork city is in a rent pressure zone, rent can only be increased 2% per year for part 4 tenancy.

You think they'll recoup their investment by leaving the apartments empty for 6 months?

Era, I think its bad form, families evicted and made possibly homeless.

Era I think it's bad form dictating to people how the should run their businesses and profits. ;-)

Ya ya, the landlord is the victim ;)

I haven't suggested that they are all victims but you have no idea of the landlords outgoings, costs, overheads. It is very easy to say all landlords are minted and coining it in, I suggest you should try being one as it wouldn't be long opening your eyes. Why did Corbetts offload that apartment block?
A few days ago a landlord was on with Prendepantz after spending 38k doing up a property that he can't rent now because the Council bought the property next door and moved scummers in. You really shouldn't believe all you read on a placard ;-)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

1st Jun 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Cork Roots Festival: The Kates

Coughlan's, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼