Mass Eviction at Cork Apartments

I wouldn't dare suggest what profit someone should make of their own investment.

The analogy of a bar or a shopkeeper that you made earlier interests me.

They buy stock and sell it on for as much as they can get.

The building we are discussing here, I would suggest is being bought as an “active asset management,” opportunity and was pitched as an opportunity to grow the asset in value.

So the 9% return on the capital invested will, I am sure, fund the repayment of the mortgage used to buy the property.

The apartments are the stock. They will I have no doubt be sold on at a profit.

I have no issue whatsoever with the profit the purchasers will make when they come to sell, particularly when they offset the costs of “refurbishment.”

But the worry and undue stress they are putting the tenants through in the process of realising that profit is something I am uncomfortable with: I suppose if a shop was selling stock produced in a sweatshop at a high profit, then I would be similarly uncomfortable.

But that’s just me.

You can be a Capitalist but you can also have a conscience

The analogy of a bar or a shopkeeper that you made earlier interests me.

They buy stock and sell it on for as much as they can get.

The building we are discussing here, I would suggest is being bought as an “active asset management,” opportunity and was pitched as an opportunity to grow the asset in value.

So the 9% return on the capital invested will, I am sure, fund the repayment of the mortgage used to buy the property.

The apartments are the stock. They will I have no doubt be sold on at a profit.

I have no issue whatsoever with the profit the purchasers will make when they come to sell, particularly when they offset the costs of “refurbishment.”

But the worry and undue stress they are putting the tenants through in the process of realising that profit is something I am uncomfortable with: I suppose if a shop was selling stock produced in a sweatshop at a high profit, then I would be similarly uncomfortable.

But that’s just me.

You can be a Capitalist but you can also have a conscience

I have stated many times when it comes to money, i have no morals :)
However I can see your point and they are reasonable just not for me. I believe a landlord should be able to do with his property as he sees fit once not breaking the law.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Eamonn McCormak Band

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:50pm

More events ▼