Manic Street Preachers release deluxe set of debut albu

Picked this up earlier on the way to work.

Generation Terrorists deluxe edition contains a remaster of the album, a second disc of demos, and a dvd that contains official videos, home movies and some live performances.

Great value for 20 euro.

Looking forward to giving it a spin later!!!

Picked this up earlier on the way to work.

Generation Terrorists deluxe edition contains a remaster of the album, a second disc of demos, and a dvd that contains official videos, home movies and some live performances.

Great value for 20 euro.

Looking forward to giving it a spin later!!!

Ordered it with a load of other stuff online and probably won't get it for another week. Although I'm more pissed about having to wait about the new trail of dead album.

The Holy Bible anniversary edition a few years back was great value too. The dvd(had to buy it again recently as i lost the dvd from my original copy) is great and the US mix is very interesting and even slightly better, in parts, than the UK mix.

Everything Must Go reissue is pretty good too, but i have more interest in the THB period.

Anyway, I thought the Slane thread was the official manics thread ;)

Ordered it with a load of other stuff online and probably won't get it for another week. Although I'm more pissed about having to wait about the new trail of dead album.

The Holy Bible anniversary edition a few years back was great value too. The dvd(had to buy it again recently as i lost the dvd from my original copy) is great and the US mix is very interesting and even slightly better, in parts, than the UK mix.

Everything Must Go reissue is pretty good too, but i have more interest in the THB period.

Anyway, I thought the Slane thread was the official manics thread ;)

:)

Ya, those other re-issues were great as well! We need a Gold Against The Soul re-issue but pigs will fly before we see that!

I wouldn't rule it out at all. There's a lot of material with b-sides and remixes lying around from that period. Mix that with some live stuff on a dvd and a remastered version of the album and you have a decent package.

The GT remaster was long overdue though. That album was recorded so badly. God knows how they ever decided it was good enough to be released first time round.

"Lifeblood" is probably the least listened-to MSP album in my collection - along with "Know Your Enemy".

They've long been my favourite band but I could not find a way into "Lifeblood". Probably because the lead single "The Love Of Richard Nixon" was terrible (amazingly - it nearly topped the UK charts at the time showing you how popular they still were in 2004).

Over the years I've warmed to it - it was an album out of time more suited to the 2010s - as Clash Magazine said on the 10th anniversary.

I'll give it a go this evening becasue they've always got some tasty b-sides/remixes but I can't see myself buying this reissue.

Must say I do like TLORN, but 1985 should so obviously have been the lead single from it. Always liked Lifeblood, but it does fade a little towards the end. It's always been neglected live over the years. They only started playing stuff from it again over the last year, because they have something to sell.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cork Pride Parade
Grand Parade, Cork

4th Aug 2024 @ 2:00 pm
More info..

The Hacklers

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼