Liam Ruiseal's to close

thats the way it goes .. the strongest survive.... i think the small bookshops are a thing of the past.. almost impossible to make money running them.

I'm not surprised that Liam Ruiseals has gone out of business. They were very old-fashioned.

Having an Irish language book section that was twice the size of their sports section was an incredibly stupid move.

The public will only support local businesses that provide products and services that they want. Local businesses are not charities.

Delighted to see the back of that place. Looked like a jumble sale on the inside. An embarrassment to the city.

They always have amazing window displays. I can't see how a (even slightly higgeldy piggeldy) bookshop could be an embarrassment to any city?

Have you ever heard anyone complain that a city had too many independent bookshops?

I'm not surprised that Liam Ruiseals has gone out of business. They were very old-fashioned.

Having an Irish language book section that was twice the size of their sports section was an incredibly stupid move.

The public will only support local businesses that provide products and services that they want. Local businesses are not charities.

The market has spoken: their business model is history

Bit of a shame. I was wondering how it could survive but they had rare stuff in there that you'll never be able to find on Amazon.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Cliffords

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼