Leaving Cert 2020: Best results ever

Coach and Six

I know by the level of discussion here that there are many juvenilles posting on the PROC so best of luck to everyone getting their leaving cert and leaving cert applied results.

These days everyone is a winner.

Just don't hug or shake hands with anyone tonight and try not to get anyone pregnant.

I know by the level of discussion here that there are many juvenilles posting on the PROC so best of luck to everyone getting their leaving cert and leaving cert applied results.

These days everyone is a winner

Just don't hug or shake hands with anyone tonight and try not to get anyone pregnant.

If only that were true.

Alas people are being judged on things including their Intercert Result. :shock:

Friday and the CAO offers will tell a lot

These days everyone is a winner.

The results profile sounds bit odd but then this doesnt happen every year either so I suppose it was to be expected but increases of 150% in H1 grades in certain subjects is a bit silly. I can imagine plenty of poor students with an emotional rollercoaster coming up now, they get better results than they would have ordinarily, and extra 30 points in the bag.. horray :)

but then everyone else got more points as well and the course changed from 500 to 540 and they miss out :(
Anyone who deferred last year has just taken a firm rodgering as well :neutral:

Why on earth were the results 4.something percent up on previous years. If you're going to standardise results why not standardise them? If all points gained were multiplied by a .95k factor it would level the playing pitch for all. All this increased percentages does is disadvantage anyone from last year's Leaving Cert who for whatever reason didn't take up a place last year and wants to get into a course now.

Why on earth were the results 4.something percent up on previous years. If you're going to standardise results why not standardise them? If all points gained were multiplied by a .95k factor it would level the playing pitch for all. All this increased percentages does is disadvantage anyone from last year's Leaving Cert who for whatever reason didn't take up a place last year and wants to get into a course now.

If you deferred you still get in based on last years points.

If you deferred you still get in based on last years points.

That's if you deferred. But there are others who mightn't have been in what they thought the right course for them who are now being discriminated against for no apparent reason. And it's a straight-forward fix to level the playing field.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼