Lars book and others.

I bought that history of Cork GAA book.To be fair it's a decent enough read.There's pictures of every senior county championship winning team since 1990 and it's ideal for statistical purposes.

Got a loan of '3 Nights In August' from a friend.

I'm also thinking of getting Emmet Ryan's book for Christmas, 'Tactics, Not Passion'.

I finished reading 3 Nights in August. Brilliant read. Would recommend it to fellas who aren't into baseball as well. Gives a fantastic insight into top level management.

Haven't got Ryan's book yet but I look forward to reading it.

I got the Tommy Maher one aswell and I'll be starting that one next.

Polar, sorry, missed your enquiry about Weeshies book.

Have only read a few bits of it yet...It depends on what you want really. If you want a book purely about GAA and the game itself, then don't go near it. A load of it is nothing to do with GAA..going on about St Finians in Killarney and Weeshies life in general...there's a lot of ráiméis in it in my view to be honest, but some people enjoy his way of writing and the stories.

Has anyone seen some of his ramblings on facebook by the way? They are unintentionally hilarious at times. A mate was telling me bout him mentioning his son landing home from a spell abroad and saying that he had a long flight from Bangkok in "Toyland"! You couldn't make it up.

Did anyone pick up a copy of Unlimited Heartbreak or have i given nearly the whole book away!Im nearly finished Teddys book.He sort of skips buy the period of his playing career from post 93 to 96.But all in all i found it to be a decent read.He gave a nice account of the main periods of his playing career and Teddys right we should have won the all ireland in 92.That Kerry game that year was freaky.Kerry won by 10 points and scored one goal from a penalty and another with the last kick of the match.We missed two penalties.A corner back and a midfielder took those penalties and Teddy was the only forward to score from play.Kerry won by 10 points at the end of the day but it was a freaky game.If we got over Kerry that year we would have beaten Clare and Donegal.That generation of Cork players never feared Kerry and the current generation don't fear Kerry either.

Did anyone pick up a copy of Unlimited Heartbreak or have i given nearly the whole book away!Im nearly finished Teddys book.He sort of skips buy the period of his playing career from post 93 to 96.But all in all i found it to be a decent read.He gave a nice account of the main periods of his playing career and Teddys right we should have won the all ireland in 92.That Kerry game that year was freaky.Kerry won by 10 points and scored one goal from a penalty and another with the last kick of the match.We missed two penalties.A corner back and a midfielder took those penalties and Teddy was the only forward to score from play.Kerry won by 10 points at the end of the day but it was a freaky game.If we got over Kerry that year we would have beaten Clare and Donegal.That generation of Cork players never feared Kerry and the current generation don't fear Kerry either.

I've ordered it on the INTERNET and I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Hollie McNish
Wavelength (Cyprus Ave Rooftop)

9th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Jazz Improv! all players welcome

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼