Kyle Hayes - a good GAA man?

If I was a billionaire and was thinking about making a charitable donation, I'd probably just keep the cash after seeing the reaction to what JP did.

The man donates €32 million to local sports and people find ways to take issue with it.

Where does he pay his tax?
What about the homeless?
A million in each county won't go far

Etc
Hi JP 😀

If I was a billionaire and was thinking about making a charitable donation, I'd probably just keep the cash after seeing the reaction to what JP did.

The man donates €32 million to local sports and people find ways to take issue with it.

Where does he pay his tax?
What about the homeless?
A million in each county won't go far

Etc
Irish begrudgery -nothing new here :rolleyes:

😆

Its a tax write off.

Hes doing it before the years end.

On what basis would it be a tax write off ?
I don't think the GAA are a registered charity.
At the end of the day it is a gift so the recipients may be liable to gift tax.
At the end of the day I'm sure JP and his advisors will have every angle covered.

What was stopping JP from either donating anonymously, or else donating without an announcement?

I often see fuckers on social media saying they've donated €10 to some charity or what not. Why not just fucking do it without looking for attention?

IMOPO it would have been far better for JP to just land the cheques in the county board post boxes and let one of them go to the media and tell everyone what a swell guy he is.

What was stopping JP from either donating anonymously, or else donating without an announcement?

I often see fuckers on social media saying they've donated €10 to some charity or what not. Why not just fucking do it without looking for attention?

IMOPO it would have been far better for JP to just land the cheques in the county board post boxes and let one of them go to the media and tell everyone what a swell guy he is.

Yup, its chump change to 'Ireland's' 11th richest man.

Court documents show he spent something similar on a hand of backgammon in Vegas.

On what basis would it be a tax write off ?
I don't think the GAA are a registered charity.
At the end of the day it is a gift so the recipients may be liable to gift tax.
At the end of the day I'm sure JP and his advisors will have every angle covered.

On a multitude of grounds. His charitable trust can offset about a quarter of the sum against his corporation tax similarly the GAA can claim gift aid on the sum.

McManus sought to get a bit of good publicity for himself and it provoked a bit of interest in his already well publicised tax affairs. Hes paid no income tax in this country in 27 years. He gets very prickly when reporters point this out.

He can buy himself a nice stable of horses for tax purposes, the country pile and throw a few scraps to the locals and his hobbies. Good luck to him. Theres no shortage of dopes queueing up to tug the forelock for the 'great' man.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Kerbdog - 30th Anniversary Show
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

21st Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼