Knee Pain

Maybe someone might have had a similar experience and know of best action to take.

Anyhow, I play squash 3-4 times a week and in the last month or two my right knee is getting very stiff following a game. It has now reached a point where it takes a week to recover. Not good.

It's a dull pain/stiffness behind the knee which is felt more acutely when climbing stairs. I can still play when it's stiff and in fact the pain goes away as I warm up only to return again, worse, after the game.

Bloody disaster.

Cheers for any replies.

you need to get physio, there is no other answer
it sounds like you have damaged your medial ligament.
i have some experience of this.
maybe just a slight tear but it NEEDS seeing to

you need to get physio, there is no other answer
it sounds like you have damaged your medial ligament.
i have some experience of this.
maybe just a slight tear but it NEEDS seeing to

I suppose, but physios never fill me with confidence although I should probably just bite the bullet and get it seen to. It's possible I just need rest.

If anyone knows a decent physio pm me please. Cheers.

Maybe someone might have had a similar experience and know of best action to take.

Anyhow, I play squash 3-4 times a week and in the last month or two my right knee is getting very stiff following a game. It has now reached a point where it takes a week to recover. Not good.

It's a dull pain/stiffness behind the knee which is felt more acutely when climbing stairs. I can still play when it's stiff and in fact the pain goes away as I warm up only to return again, worse, after the game.

Bloody disaster.

Cheers for any replies.

Put both hands over your knee caps while you sit on seat and bend your knees.Feel for cracking in knee.See if it is worse in the right one.It could easily be a touch of arthritus also.It depends on your age but if you play a lot on a hard surface over the years it could speed it up.

If it was anything else you probably would not recover until it was fixed but to say your knee recovers after a bit points to the above i feel.

glucosamine sulphate with msn{sulphur} and clondrotin.

under either holland and barrets home brand or/active 55 by seven seas.

squash has more knee injuries than any other sport in the world. fact.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

King K

Clancys, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼