Keane's Quitting!!

Rebelred said:
thats true too,but the team he's building lacks a midfield engine,n if he sees fletcher and smith as being the right players for that role,I'm bob marley

Again, it's fairly obvious he wanted Essien for that role but what can you do. By all accounts he's buying someone in January but agin speculation is probably jsut a waste of time. Smith is being tried out (why not?) and Fletcher is a developing player.

Del said:
_40857744_double1996emp.jpg

LEGENDS!!!

there there, its ok eric. those nasty european defenders are gone til next year

I think Keane knows that his past injuries and failing to look after himself for the early part of his career (he was hardly alone in this at the time though to be fair) has meant that he simply doesn't have the legs to play a central role in a team chasing honours on multiple fronts.

A fully fit, young Keane is an awesome player to build your team around but an ageing Keane, playing <20 league games a year will do more damage than good because you have to structure the team around him when he plays and you are constantly changing your tactics based on whether he's in the side or not.

Great player, great career, good on him for getting out at the top (For all celtic's support/tradition the scottish league is a world away from top-class football) before he ruins his legacy.

Philby said:
I think Keane knows that his past injuries and failing to look after himself for the early part of his career (he was hardly alone in this at the time though to be fair) has meant that he simply doesn't have the legs to play a central role in a team chasing honours on multiple fronts.

A fully fit, young Keane is an awesome player to build your team around but an ageing Keane, playing <20 league games a year will do more damage than good because you have to structure the team around him when he plays and you are constantly changing your tactics based on whether he's in the side or not.

Great player, great career, good on him for getting out at the top (For all celtic's support/tradition the scottish league is a world away from top-class football) before he ruins his legacy.

fully agree philby, leaving at the right time I think

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Funny Fridays Special
City Limits, Coburg St.

24th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Henry Prune

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼