Juventus

I doubt it. he wont go until he has a good crack at the champions league.

By that i mean farther then the second round.

Id say when Ibrahimovich goes Jose will probably follow.
Inter and the champions league... Oh dear. It'll be like that apres match sketch where they jumped forward 70 years and the lads were covered in cobwebs singing "We were the hold it there kids".

He will be gone once a club with real prestige comes in, if you pardon the pun

Real Madrid, Man United, Liverpool, Barca are a few who could fit the bill (Barca the least likely, the first two the most but time will tell)

Mourinho deserves a club to match that ego of his and will get one someday

No offence to Inter but they are lacking a little something

He hasn't had a really big club yet IMO

No wonder he always gets itchy feet

Inter and the champions league... Oh dear. It'll be like that apres match sketch where they jumped forward 70 years and the lads were covered in cobwebs singing "We were the hold it there kids".

I dunno. Inter have a good squad, but there's no balance. Moreover, it's certainly not a Mourinho squad. Mourinho himself back in August 2007 said that Inter had the best squad in the world, and he wasn't a million miles off the point... a clutch of players have aged since then though, and like I say... lots of good players individually, but maybe not such a great unit.

Looking at the squad now:

Julio Cesar is an excellent keeper, and Toldo is still good backup.

In defence, Maicon is an absolutely top-drawer right back (there is no question in Brazil when it comes to a choice between him and Daniel Alves); Maxwell is a decent player also, but I think Santon (even on his wrong foot) has that spot now; Ivan Cordoba is very good, still has fierce pace for his age, good in the air, etc. Chivu's handy too, but as for the rest, Materazzi, Burdisso, etc... for the rubbish skip. Walter Samuel has never looked the same player since his disastrous stint at Real.

Midfield- little wrong with the likes of Stankovic and Cambiasso. Vieira and Figo are well past it. Mancini's handy, but it's not worked out. Jury's out on Muntari. I don't think Quaresma has what it takes to succeed at a big club.

Attack- Cruz past it at the highest level, and Adriano's a write-off. Zlatan is doing the business, and would benefit enormously from having someone else to shoulder the burden. Balotelli has potential, but it's too early for him, and his attitude is still a touch suspect. I'm amazed Mourinho was so quick to ship Suazo out on loan, because he has the pace to stretch any defence... and, even if he doesn't fancy him as a striker, he could surely do a job on the wing. :confused:

They're good enough to make light of the lack of balance, and walk Serie A this season and next. As for Europe- three signings would do wonders for them. The foundations there are sound, they're just seriously lacking a bit of spark. Two widemen and perhaps another midfielder. Beyond that, all they need is a back-up striker.

I'll be intrigued to see if he sticks it out and has another crack at Europe. As bad as Inter have been, they were cursed to draw United this year, and outside of the first half at home acquitted themselves pretty well. Even last year (although I suspect they'd have bottled it anyway), they were a bit unlucky with the Materazzi sending-off.

Real Madrid, Man United, Liverpool, Barca are a few who could fit the bill (Barca the least likely, the first two the most but time will tell)

I know what Inter are missing, class. They don't have any. Moratti and Mourinho combined, there's a couple of dodgy fuckers. That said Milan with Galliani are no angels either but at least Ancelotti is dignified.

Ah ya, I can live with that tho. At least were winning for a change.
we had a good few years of depression there for a while like.:D

How does winning all those plastic trophies feel? Serie A has been devalued for a few years now since the scandal and it won't be until two years (maybe next year) that there will be any sort of proper competition for Inter. They've contrived to mess it up all on their own this year, its fairly poor.

I'm a Milan fan by the way!

Agree with Ho Chi Feens assessment on Inter's team, it's a pretty darn good team and shouldn't be going out to Man U in the last 16 of the Champo League

that would be great, after next season maybe...

I know what Inter are missing, class. They don't have any. Moratti and Mourinho combined, there's a couple of dodgy fuckers. That said Milan with Galliani are no angels either but at least Ancelotti is dignified.

How does winning all those plastic trophies feel? Serie A has been devalued for a few years now since the scandal and it won't be until two years (maybe next year) that there will be any sort of proper competition for Inter. They've contrived to mess it up all on their own this year, its fairly poor.

I'm a Milan fan by the way!

Agree with Ho Chi Feens assessment on Inter's team, it's a pretty darn good team and shouldn't be going out to Man U in the last 16 of the Champo League

Correct, pretty good, but Utd have a much stronger team and were rightly favorites,

Any team would love to have the like likes of Rooney, Ronaldo, Ferdinand, Vidic (and maybe Berbatov) in their 1st 11, from Inter you could only pick 2, Maicon and the big Swede

(IMO of course)

When it comes to real class, making that step up above Serie A into the champions league, Inter are severely lacking in all departments maybe except for the goalkeeping position. They're grand for grinding out the results consistently in Serie A but that's it. The likes of Cambiasso, Vieira, Stankovic and Muntari just do nothing for me. There's nothing in there to scythe top class opposition down on a big CL night. They're a fucking wet rag. The squad needs a makeover if they want to achieve the big prize.

I dunno. Inter have a good squad, but there's no balance. Moreover, it's certainly not a Mourinho squad. Mourinho himself back in August 2007 said that Inter had the best squad in the world, and he wasn't a million miles off the point... a clutch of players have aged since then though, and like I say... lots of good players individually, but maybe not such a great unit.

Looking at the squad now:

Julio Cesar is an excellent keeper, and Toldo is still good backup.

In defence, Maicon is an absolutely top-drawer right back (there is no question in Brazil when it comes to a choice between him and Daniel Alves); Maxwell is a decent player also, but I think Santon (even on his wrong foot) has that spot now; Ivan Cordoba is very good, still has fierce pace for his age, good in the air, etc. Chivu's handy too, but as for the rest, Materazzi, Burdisso, etc... for the rubbish skip. Walter Samuel has never looked the same player since his disastrous stint at Real.

Midfield- little wrong with the likes of Stankovic and Cambiasso. Vieira and Figo are well past it. Mancini's handy, but it's not worked out. Jury's out on Muntari. I don't think Quaresma has what it takes to succeed at a big club.

Attack- Cruz past it at the highest level, and Adriano's a write-off. Zlatan is doing the business, and would benefit enormously from having someone else to shoulder the burden. Balotelli has potential, but it's too early for him, and his attitude is still a touch suspect. I'm amazed Mourinho was so quick to ship Suazo out on loan, because he has the pace to stretch any defence... and, even if he doesn't fancy him as a striker, he could surely do a job on the wing. :confused:

They're good enough to make light of the lack of balance, and walk Serie A this season and next. As for Europe- three signings would do wonders for them. The foundations there are sound, they're just seriously lacking a bit of spark. Two widemen and perhaps another midfielder. Beyond that, all they need is a back-up striker.

I'll be intrigued to see if he sticks it out and has another crack at Europe. As bad as Inter have been, they were cursed to draw United this year, and outside of the first half at home acquitted themselves pretty well. Even last year (although I suspect they'd have bottled it anyway), they were a bit unlucky with the Materazzi sending-off.

Not to suck my own cock here, but in fairness I felt it all along- the squad was strong and just needed a little bit of nous in the final third and refreshment at the heart of defence.

Jesus, they were still ridiculously long-priced to win it outright after the first Chelsea game, and even after the second. Anyone who took that one up would seem to have made a smart move at this stage.

For Mourinho- I think he'll stay on next season whatever happens now. Year one was one thing, but this year its his team. Moreover, its looking to be a formidable one capable of challenging next season, and even beyond with replacements for those on the wrong side of time.

Could this be the first time Mourinho lasts more than three years at a club? The president is firmly behind him, the Italian media have finally began to appreciate him as a man with substance to back up his talk. He has the platform to achieve everything he's ever wanted at last, it seems.

Last edited:
Any team would love to have the like likes of Rooney, Ronaldo, Ferdinand, Vidic (and maybe Berbatov) in their 1st 11, from Inter you could only pick 2, Maicon and the big Swede

(IMO of course)

From last year's team (as this post is from last year I'd add) Julio Cesar, one of the best keepers in the world; Cambiasso and quite possibly Chivu. That levels things.

I won't add Samuel to this list as he's only really returned to form this season.

Many a club would kill to have the ageless Zanetti, both the man and the player, in their set-up.

That's without mentioning any of this year's additions, naturally.

Not to suck my own cock here, but in fairness I felt it all along- the squad was strong and just needed a little bit of nous in the final third and refreshment at the heart of defence.

Jesus, they were still ridiculously long-priced to win it outright after the first Chelsea game, and even after the second. Anyone who took that one up would seem to have made a smart move at this stage.

For Mourinho- I think he'll stay on next season whatever happens now. Year one was one thing, but this year its his team. Moreover, its looking to be a formidable one capable of challenging next season, and even beyond with replacements for those on the wrong side of time.

Could this be the first time Mourinho lasts more than three years at a club? The president is firmly behind him, the Italian media have finally began to appreciate him as a man with substance to back up his talk. He has the platform to achieve everything he's ever wanted at last, it seems.

not to suck your cock, but kudos
somebody rename this thread

not to suck your cock, but kudos
somebody rename this thread

Heh heh heh, no worries.

TBF, those who didn't watch regular Serie A dismissed them entirely. For those that did, opinion was much more divided.

Still, I didn't expect the remodelling to be so impressive. Mourinho bought very poorly in his first season (Mancini? Quaresma? Muntari less so, but not exactly great). This year he'd snapped up Lucio, Motta and Milito even before the Zlatan money rolled in.

Kudos to JM, methinks.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼