Junior Hurling 2021

I've been saying this for a long time now on this thread. If Mark Keane had been available for centre back for Cork hurlers Cian lynch wouldn't have been man of the match in the all ireland. Keane is the exact player you need against limerick. He is Big and Strong and a serious Hurler.
It would be great to have him in the Cork jersey But alas Australia rules me thinks
This hype about Mark Keane ..🥇Will they replace john Mandeville in the square and put a statue of him up there instead....people posting rubbish..have any of ye see him playing hurling at all???

OK on mature reflection as they say I was a wee bit carried away with 2 sentences in the middle of that post.😊
Apologies to Cian lynch M Keane and PROC. It now reads

" Ive been saying for some time now on this thread That Mark Keane is the exact player you need against limerick . He is big and strong and a serious hurler.
It would be great to see him in a Cork jersey . But alas Australia rules me thinks."
To answer your questions
I have this year of course during the great run by ballygiblin but also by when played with Mitchelstown CBS when they won the Munster colleges tital He played centre back
James Keating played full forward and he went on to captain Cork U20 following year While M keane headed for Australia .
Look HERE'S the best way to sum it up . Darragh flynn his team mate is on the Cork panel He is a very good hurler. but as we sat in the stands in Croke Park last year and were totally humiliated I can't see Darragh big and strong enough to take on Kyle Hayes the Morrisseys Byrnes etc.
But they won't blow Keane out of it and just as important He will win his own ball In my opinion

Last edited:
This hype about Mark Keane ..🥇Will they replace john Mandeville in the square and put a statue of him up there instead....people posting rubbish..have any of ye see him playing hurling at all???
Have you?

I have seen quite a few of the Ballygiblin games.
What surprises me is how good his touch is, playing in poor weather conditions and with barely a couple of weeks training for hurling.
I know he practiced a bit in Australia but it is not nearly as good as training and playing with your teammates.

He is not the finished article, how could he be?
Has he the potential to develop into a serious hurlers, certainly he has but nothing is certain.
What makes this different is that he is something from outside of what we thought our team or panel might be.
He has the physique that we need and certainly has played in a sport probably more physical than hurling.

Have you?

I have seen quite a few of the Ballygiblin games.
What surprises me is how good his touch is, playing in poor weather conditions and with barely a couple of weeks training for hurling.
I know he practiced a bit in Australia but it is not nearly as good as training and playing with your teammates.

He is not the finished article, how could he be?
Has he the potential to develop into a serious hurlers, certainly he has but nothing is certain.
What makes this different is that he is something from outside of what we thought our team or panel might be.
He has the physique that we need and certainly has played in a sport probably more physical than hurling.
Well it’s great that the selectors think he might be an asset to them this year, we are badly lacking competitors throughout our team, hopefully it will work out for him but we are going to have to give him time

OK on mature reflection as they say I was a wee bit carried away with 2 sentences in the middle of that post.😊
Apologies to Cian lynch M Keane and PROC. It now reads

" Ive been saying for some time now on this thread That Mark Keane is the exact player you need against limerick . He is big and strong and a serious hurler.
It would be great to see him in a Cork jersey . But alas Australia rules me thinks."
To answer your questions
I have this year of course during the great run by ballygiblin but also by when played with Mitchelstown CBS when they won the Munster colleges tital He played centre back
James Keating played full forward and he went on to captain Cork U20 following year While M keane headed for Australia .
Look HERE'S the best way to sum it up . Darragh flynn his team mate is on the Cork panel He is a very good hurler. but as we sat in the stands in Croke Park last year and were totally humiliated I can't see Darragh big and strong enough to take on Kyle Hayes the Morrisseys Byrnes etc.
But they won't blow Keane out of it and just as important He will win his own ball In my opinion
Glad you came to your senses on that one 😀

And I agree on your summation above, we don’t need more lovely hurlers, we need guys that can look after themselves, hopefully Mark will turn out to be a big asset

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jack L
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼