Junior A Hurling Championship 2024

I suppose walk is a slight exaggeration but they should be winning it. I think you’d agree your own club improved hugely from playing county league last year so my basis was on the fact Tracton are competing with Premier Intermediate teams. But as you said big difference between league and championship. Their biggest obstacle will nearly be Carrigdhoun board, who always make a mess of scheduling matches which could lead to Tracton playing divisional semi finals/finals/county matches in a short period of time which could catch them.

On a side note are cork minors allowed to play junior a? I know both Ballinora and Tracton have cork minors so if they can play for their clubs they will add to the teams as well.
Cork minors can't play any form of adult club as they are u17

U18's can play Junior A but not any higher grades

I suppose walk is a slight exaggeration but they should be winning it. I think you’d agree your own club improved hugely from playing county league last year so my basis was on the fact Tracton are competing with Premier Intermediate teams. But as you said big difference between league and championship. Their biggest obstacle will nearly be Carrigdhoun board, who always make a mess of scheduling matches which could lead to Tracton playing divisional semi finals/finals/county matches in a short period of time which could catch them.

On a side note are cork minors allowed to play junior a? I know both Ballinora and Tracton have cork minors so if they can play for their clubs they will add to the teams as well.
There’s definitely some merits to the county league and initially I thought it would help us seriously push on (and it did to some extent), especially when it compares to what we had to deal with in Muskerry by comparison, but with hindsight I don’t think a good league campaign meant much unfortunately, Nemo had one win the county league last year but they beat us when it mattered the most and fully had to survive some tough matches to win it out.

Tracton will gain something from division 5, but championship will be a different beast and you don’t know what teams will be like in 4+ months I guess.

Looking at the draw (looking way ahead admittedly), I’d have Tracton meeting Ballinora in a county semi final, think that could be a right good battle.

There’s definitely some merits to the county league and initially I thought it would help us seriously push on (and it did to some extent), especially when it compares to what we had to deal with in Muskerry by comparison, but with hindsight I don’t think a good league campaign meant much unfortunately, Nemo had one win the county league last year but they beat us when it mattered the most and fully had to survive some tough matches to win it out.

Tracton will gain something from division 5, but championship will be a different beast and you don’t know what teams will be like in 4+ months I guess.

Looking at the draw (looking way ahead admittedly), I’d have Tracton meeting Ballinora in a county semi final, think that could be a right good battle.
I made the point about the league earlier but I’ll be 1st to say it’s not the be all and end all either. For the example you raised, yes both teams had differing form in the league but both teams would have had big differences in terms of their best players being available for the league matches. Also ye might not have won the county but ye were unlucky not to be in the final, whereas the last few years ye struggled at the county stage. Granted the group got a bit older and wiser naturally but the county league was a big help too.

That would be a cracker of a semi final in fairness, have they ordered an alternative jersey of their own this year in anticipation of the game, or would that be tempting fate?!

Fair points also. Tempting fate alright! Long long way away before that point, we survived a big scare last year in Muskerry against Grenagh so it’s not a foregone conclusion by any means.

Imagine the lads will be using Muskerry white should it be needed again this year.

Confined junior b hurling championship starts tomorrow, how does everyone think it will go, hopefully ballyclough go one better than last year

I think Buttevant should win the JBHC pulling up if they put any effort into it. If not they will still win but Ballyclough might give them a game in the final.

They're up by 17 points after 20 minutes. They have the hurlers to compete at Junior A.
Surely there has to be an alternative relegation scenario from Junior A down to B. I can understand why it's necessary within a division but that B county was at one stage specifically designed for small clubs.

I wouldn't allow a club enter it in their first year down from A...it shouldn't be a reward for a club with Buttevant's numbers not bothering their holes making an effort in one code.

If they don't go back up A in their division the first year, let them enter the B county in their second year in the grade.

You see some big hurling clubs in the B football for example. It could make a complete mockery of the grade if they suddenly decide to take that code seriously as they see a handy county on offer.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

14th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼