Group 2:
Grenagh
Kilmichael
Ballincollig

Group 3:
Ballinora
Blarney
Donoughmore

Best two winners straight to semis, riveting group stage as always, Cloughduv’s second team have regraded down to Junior B with no one coming up (Inniscarra won the Junior B last season).

Avondhu North Cork Junior A Hurling Championship Draw 2024

Group 1:

Ballyhooly
Fermoy
Liscarroll/Churchtown Gaels
Shanballymore

Group 2:

Ballyhea
Clyda Rovers
Dromina
Killshannig

Group 3:

Araglen
Charleville
Harbour Rovers
Killavullen

Best two group winners are straight through to the semi finals. The 3rd best group winner and the 3 group runners up play off in the quarter finals.

Muskerry draw last night:

Group 1:
Dripsey
Eire Og
Inniscarra

Group 2:
Grenagh
Kilmichael
Ballincollig

Group 3:
Ballinora
Blarney
Donoughmore

Best two winners straight to semis, riveting group stage as always, Cloughduv’s second team have regraded down to Junior B with no one coming up (Inniscarra won the Junior B last season).
Inniscarra v dripsey is an interesting one. Dripsey were in final last year but they'll be wary enough of Inniscarra I'd imagine depending on who they've used in Senior.
Presume Ballinora and Grenagh are the main contenders by a fair distance

Avondhu North Cork Junior A Hurling Championship Draw 2024

Group 1:

Ballyhooly
Fermoy
Liscarroll/Churchtown Gaels
Shanballymore

Group 2:

Ballyhea
Clyda Rovers
Dromina
Killshannig

Group 3:

Araglen
Charleville
Harbour Rovers
Killavullen

Best two group winners are straight through to the semi finals. The 3rd best group winner and the 3 group runners up play off in the quarter finals.
Group 2 look spicy....

Inniscarra v dripsey is an interesting one. Dripsey were in final last year but they'll be wary enough of Inniscarra I'd imagine depending on who they've used in Senior.
Presume Ballinora and Grenagh are the main contenders by a fair distance
Would have Ballinora a step above Grenagh, and then Dripsey next, who might have one lust hurrah in them, gave Ballinora plenty last year, still a physical side but don’t really have the legs it seems.

The second teams could go anyway, and Group 1 looks the most interesting overall, especially if Inniscarra have a decent team out, last ones to win this outside Ballinora who are looking for 4 in a row.

Muskerry draw last night:

Group 1:
Dripsey
Eire Og
Inniscarra

Group 2:
Grenagh
Kilmichael
Ballincollig

Group 3:
Ballinora
Blarney
Donoughmore

Disappointing Cloughduv have regraded considering their 2nd team won the junior a as recently as 4 years ago. I suppose they’re looking to win the junior b county. Hard to see Ballinora not winning it out. Is Bourke playing for Grenagh still?

Disappointing Cloughduv have regraded considering their 2nd team won the junior a as recently as 4 years ago. I suppose they’re looking to win the junior b county. Hard to see Ballinora not winning it out. Is Bourke playing for Grenagh still?
Cloughduv took a few beatings recently, they haven’t done much really since that win in 2019, there’s definitely a gap growing between most of the first teams and the second teams, before you’d be wary enough of the likes of Blarney and Inniscarra, but they’ve definitely fallen a bit further behind the last few years.

The group stage formats at higher grades probably see their Senior and Intermediate clubs using more players also.

Can’t recall seeing him play any time I’ve seen Grenagh but open to correction as it’s been awhile. Wouldn’t say I’m overly familiar with too many individuals in the current Grenagh setup but they seemed to have some decent young lads who caused us problems.

Would have to say that it looks like standard of hurling in midcork is very poor at the moment.
I was surprised when Ballinora even got to a County final last year which was a game they left behind them, don't think they'll get an opportunity like it again.
If you compare the quality to North Cork tbf they look like they've a lot more competitive championship with a number of good teams

The standard in the city division won’t be great this year. Passage always flatter to deceive, Vincent’s haven’t done anything in recent years and Whitechurch had a massive setback in the city final last year. Only so much Mullins can do on his own. They’ve a lot coming through from their underage though.

Nemo being promoted opens it up a bit.

Would have to say that it looks like standard of hurling in midcork is very poor at the moment.
I was surprised when Ballinora even got to a County final last year which was a game they left behind them, don't think they'll get an opportunity like it again.
If you compare the quality to North Cork tbf they look like they've a lot more competitive championship with a number of good teams
Muskerry overall is poor but I think a full strength Ballinora aren’t too far off the county, and are every bit as good as most Avondhu teams based on what I’ve seen, Muskerry does hold them back at times it seems, but the potential is there.

The squad is relatively young and underage is going well at the club currently so I’d be optimistic about their chances of winning a county moving forward, few of the younger lads have been in and around good Cork squads which should stand to them when it comes to Junior A level.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼