Junior A Hurling Championship 2023

Ballinora-Clon is down the Pairc now on Sunday with the Intermediate football.

Don’t know what to expect from Ballinora, barely broke a sweat in Muskerry, but still upped it for a few minutes when they really needed to, Dripsey and Grenagh threatened them but they always looked like they had enough. Were carrying a few injuries so hopefully 3 weeks has allowed them to get everything in order.

Ballinora-Clon is down the Pairc now on Sunday with the Intermediate football.

Don’t know what to expect from Ballinora, barely broke a sweat in Muskerry, but still upped it for a few minutes when they really needed to, Dripsey and Grenagh threatened them but they always looked like they had enough. Were carrying a few injuries so hopefully 3 weeks has allowed them to get everything in order.
They played the UCC freshers down in Eire Og last week in awful conditions, don't think they learned much.

Ballinora have a lot of good hurlers but are lacking bottle in my opinion have been a light touch when shit hit the pan havent had it since the mid late 90s early 00s.

Lads ye are wasting yer time comparing Belgooly now to 5 years ago. They were a poor Junior B team that time and any decent young player from there always played with Ballymartle. This has all changed in the last number of years, they haven’t lost anyone to Ballymartle in a few years and it has actually gone the other way where the likes of the Dywers have gone back to Belgooly. They’re not a bad team now.

This thread has always been hilarious for bigging up certain divisions because it’s all they see and dismissing other divisions because they don’t watch it. I’ll never forget the shock here when Ballinhassigs 2nd team beat Kilbrin a number of years back. Fellas couldn’t understand it at all, how it was even possible. There are a few weaker divisions for sure but there isn’t as much a gap across the county as some lads seem to think.

Ballinora have a lot of good hurlers but are lacking bottle in my opinion have been a light touch when shit hit the pan havent had it since the mid late 90s early 00s.
The Ballinora of the 90/00s really has no bearing on the current team, the club and area has just changed so much in that time.

If you told me back then we'd be winning 3 mid Corks in a row and had lads winning all Irelands underage with Cork, I'd have thought you were crazy. Hurling looked dead in Ballinora through the 00s, with underage struggling big time. The club had only won 5 junior titles until 2016, and two of those were in the 1920's.

County's probably a step too far yet, but the club's heading in a good direction, from top to bottom now like I've never seen it before, so I'm hopeful about the future, much more so than before.

Pat what i am referencing to is that the teams in the mid 90s 00s were winning mid cork footballs when it was a proper championship and was competing strongley in intermediatte football when it was the second grade in Cork. They are struggling to get over Mid Cork Finals now when we all know its probably the poorest of all the divisons in the championship and now they have teams scattered with numerous Cork players wheras they didnt before. Just saying the men of before were made of better stuff.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼