• Ballinascarthy

• Passage

• Ballymartle

• Clonakilty

• Banteer

• Harbour Rovers

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Down to semis. Passage v Dillons and Whitechurch v Nemo. I believe Nemo are the strongest but the main thing, football will tell a lot with them. Passage there or there abouts all the time. Dillons the old dogs for the hard road and Whitechurch with a few young bucks about. Should be 2 good games.

Seen Dromtarriffe a few times now and they'll take some stopping alright, very good side, from what I've seen, think they're better hurlers than footballers even.

Not infallible of course, you'd worry about them strolling through Duhallow without a test and not being ready for the county section and I've no doubt whoever comes out of Avondhu will have a big say in this too, but they could easily be gone up already, would want to win this grade soon before they fade off like Kilbrin or some of the other sides around the county catch up, because it'll be a tough contest at the top of this grade the next few years.

On a side note, what is happening in Carbery? I know their football is a mess, but there's only been one round of games played in their hurling too I think which seems ludicrous, they seem miles behind all the other divisions.

Duhallow semifinals should be two tight games, Dromtarriffe v Newmarket with Drom to just shade it and Banteer to overcome Kilbrin.

If Kilshannig can mark Stevie Condon or even cut off the supply to him they might not be far off Glanworth. I was over at Kildorrery for the SBM - Harbour Rovers game and he struck about 3-5 from play, I think he's the best player at Junior level right now behind Harnedy. Kilshannig had Killian O'Hanlon back and he's a good hurler as well as a powerful man. Glanworth still favourites to go all the way in Avondhu but aside from SBM I wouldn't write anyone off. Fair play to Buttevant also, they're focusing on football this year but still gave Dromina a run for 50 minutes and took Kilshannig all the way.
Would it be worth dropping a man back to double up on Condon or what way would you work it?

Sly way to get tactics for the game ;) :D

Both teams have met so often that if they don't know how to deal with him by now....
Haha fair point. I remember he was quiet enough in drawn final in 2020 against Kilshannig but his shooting was off that day, not sure it was anything special they did.

Be interesting to see what they do!

Down to semis. Passage v Dillons and Whitechurch v Nemo. I believe Nemo are the strongest but the main thing, football will tell a lot with them. Passage there or there abouts all the time. Dillons the old dogs for the hard road and Whitechurch with a few young bucks about. Should be 2 good games.
Kevin Donovans fitness is key to Nemos chances, out with a shoulder injury atm afaik

Seen Dromtarriffe a few times now and they'll take some stopping alright, very good side, from what I've seen, think they're better hurlers than footballers even.

Not infallible of course, you'd worry about them strolling through Duhallow without a test and not being ready for the county section and I've no doubt whoever comes out of Avondhu will have a big say in this too, but they could easily be gone up already, would want to win this grade soon before they fade off like Kilbrin or some of the other sides around the county catch up, because it'll be a tough contest at the top of this grade the next few years.

On a side note, what is happening in Carbery? I know their football is a mess, but there's only been one round of games played in their hurling too I think which seems ludicrous, they seem miles behind all the other divisions.
Carbery were prioritising the football because of the earlier deadline for the county (late September for the county quarter-finals). Many of the clubs involved have teams in Junior A football as well so it made sense to play one championship off first.

I think this will become more common the longer the split season endures. I was reading earlier today about how Wexford ran their county championships - hurling first, then football. This will probably happen in this county eventually as well.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

DJ Ian Richards

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼