Junior A Football 2023

Not sure of the year
But The Haven beat Clon in one final on a Sunday evening in Dunmanway. Huge crowd at it
You had Padraig Griffin on one side and on the other you had Crowley brothers and Bubbles Deasy

In West Cork it was always played March / April with the West Cork Final usually on Easter Sunday. Then you had the County Rounds. It was a fantastic competition.
Only since covid has it been moved to this time of year . And nothing after winning your division.
I agree. It was a super competition. The city final was always a super spectacle.
We attended most of those U21A finals in west cork back 20-30 years ago too.
Some of the best football I’ve ever seen played. Absolutely massive crowds. Some finals had maybe 6 or 7000 I’d say. So many outstanding teams and so many exceptional players probably none more so at U21 than the mercurial Padraig Griffin RIP of Clon.
Bantry, Carbery Rangers, Clon & Castlehaven all had marvellous U21 teams that pushed on through to help win adult counties for their clubs afterwards.
My father & Uncle started our routine of going down to those U21 finals in the 1980s when star studded Skibb including the Davises & Michael McCarthy locked horns with star studded Haven of the Cahalanes, Clearys & Maguire’s etc. They all went on to have remarkable football journeys.

I agree. It was a super competition. The city final was always a super spectacle.
We attended most of those U21A finals in west cork back 20-30 years ago too.
Some of the best football I’ve ever seen played. Absolutely massive crowds. Some finals had maybe 6 or 7000 I’d say. So many outstanding teams and so many exceptional players probably none more so at U21 than the mercurial Padraig Griffin RIP of Clon.
Bantry, Carbery Rangers, Clon & Castlehaven all had marvellous U21 teams that pushed on through to help win adult counties for their clubs afterwards.
My father & Uncle started our routine of going down to those U21 finals in the 1980s when star studded Skibb including the Davises & Michael McCarthy locked horns with star studded Haven of the Cahalanes, Clearys & Maguire’s etc. They all went on to have remarkable football journeys.
Your last sentence is the reason it annoys me so much the way the competition is run off now. It was the beginning of the football journeys of many many former great Cork players.
I think it's something the cab need to look at again .

Why do you say they’d run through the county?
Lots of good teams left in the west, city and north

They will take a lot of beating as a very good solid team who are very young and fit . If anything will beat them it will be that they really haven’t had a tough game all year as mid cork is very poor since Iveleary and Kilmurry were promoted.

I said at start of year the team who gave kilmurry their toughest game last year were canovee and they are a year older and wiser .

Why do you say they’d run through the county?
Lots of good teams left in the west, city and north
They will win the county no doubts about it they have a very good team will take a top team(which I don’t think there is at this level)/off day for Canovee to be stopped winning the county

I would agree that Canovee will take a lot of stopping. Their speed of play looks a step above anything else in this grade at the moment

That not to say they won't be tested but if they play to potential they will win the county

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 1:45pm

More events ▼