Junior A Football 2023

It's good to see Clubs coming back from a spell of transition.
Mayfield and Killavullen played second tier football in 2007 with Killavullen losing the final.
Canovee wrote their own story in 2007 with Junior All Ireland honours.

Apologies if I offended anyone with my opinion. I did not mean for it to come across in a way where I was degrading another team. I believe the west cork final will be a great game between both clubs and would back either one of them to go all the way in the county. My own opinion would be that kilmacabea have more firepower up front and more of a general consistency all around the pitch. My only concern would be that teams are taking the eye off the ball a small bit and would be better to focused more upon themselves and their own performance than to be focusing on the hypotheticals with teams they may not end up facing.
I think you are mixing up what team management should be doing in terms of seeing after a team playing in a championship with what the players should be doing in preparation for the next match.
The 2 things are very different

Mayfield and Killavullen played second tier football in 2007 with Killavullen losing the final.
When were Mayfield and Killavullen relegated down to junior?

Mayfield recently enough back in 2020. Killavulan I think in 2011 but not fully sure. They lost Premier Intermediate final to Mallow in 2007 and got relegated twice in less that 5 years.

Killavullen went down in 2012, they did beat Ballyclough in the relegation playoff in 2011 though, Mayfield relegated Killavullen from Premier a few years before that.

It is good to see. It goes in cycles. Traditional solid clubs who find it difficult to sustain it at higher levels which is natural but good to see those names back again.

By all accounts coming from Barryroe, Friday night is just a formality. I’m not so sure. Both teams have the fire power up top to match one another and neither have the backs to do too much about it. Could make for a cracker and I certainly wouldn’t count out the boys from Kilmacabea if I was a Barryroe man

By all accounts coming from Barryroe, Friday night is just a formality. I’m not so sure. Both teams have the fire power up top to match one another and neither have the backs to do too much about it. Could make for a cracker and I certainly wouldn’t count out the boys from Kilmacabea if I was a Barryroe man
Heard much the same .their attitude after the bal match left a lot to be desired having "up the ra "blaring from a speaker in the dressing room when the bal managment were in wishing them the best wasn't a good call ...should be a good game tho as both sets of forwards are very fast .Barryroe probably have a worse defense and need to get their kickouts right as the bal midfield won most of them the last day

And a good call by someone a few months ago tipping Killavullen to win avondhu.
Went in under the radar a bit
I tipped a Killavullen v Canovee county final a couple of months back. You can see them both clubs turning the corner again and that would make a nice traditional football final.
There was 1 or 2 others tipping Killavullen for Avondhu on here before I did but about 10 going very strong for Charleville.
I also tipped:
Barryroe in west cork tbc
Castlemagner in Duhallow
Ballinhassig in Carrigdhoun tbc
I called Nemo in the city wrong. Intermediate call ups killed their junior chances
I don’t know anything about East Cork junior football

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Alcione - The Queen of Samba

Cork Opera House, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼