Junior A Football 2023

I'm not really sure, purely on the fact that I've not seen much junior football in any division besides Avondhu and Duhallow. They've lots of big athletic lads who can run all day for you.
That being said I went to see them play Kilmacabea a few years ago in the county when I thought Charleville were probably at their strongest and they were second best on the day by far. You really never know what you'll get with them
If my memory is correct, Charleville were strong and probably shoulda/coulda won a junior county about 4-5 years ago. But football is very much the 2nd fiddle there but if out of the hurling as senior players they could go a long way.
When it comes to later stages of county championship as a dual club with tight playing numbers Charleville like others are disadvantaged against the likes of a Kilmurry, Boherbue, Knocknagree, Dromtariffe, Gabriel Rangers and St James & Kilmacabea who largely play just one code. In the last 10 years it has been nearly all football only or football dominant clubs that won the junior county.

That Seandun board are some joke allowing repeat pairings at the 1/4 final stage, Douglas beat Dillons in the first round and they are drawn again together in the 1/4 final
Ridiculous. Same craic in hurling. If Dillon’s beat the Barrs and Passage they’ll have you guessed it Whitechurch in the 1/4 final.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

24th Aug 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

The Hacklers

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼