Jesus lads, 'tis looking like BREXIT!

They give foreign aid to Rwanda yet Randa sponsor the Arsenal Football Team
Biased I know but, "Visit Rwanda" on the sleeve of one of the biggest clubs in the biggest league in the world is good investment.

Tourism can be a fantastic industry for developing nations. Especially when it's low impact but high end (like Safari, hiking, etc). It encourages cottage industries and brings in much needed foreign currency. People forget tourism is an export.

Tourism done right can also increase a country's soft power.

Biased I know but, "Visit Rwanda" on the sleeve of one of the biggest clubs in the biggest league in the world is good investment.

Tourism can be a fantastic industry for developing nations. Especially when it's low impact but high end (like Safari, hiking, etc). It encourages cottage industries and brings in much needed foreign currency. People forget tourism is an export.

Tourism done right can also increase a country's soft power.
Oh I agree with you but the stupid thing is that GB is giving them foreign aid

17,000 of them have gone 'missing' whilst waiting for processing.
If so, we can't send them back.

I think Rwanda is getting a lot of stick and not enough credit. They really are making an effort to improve their country, making it safer and cleaner than virtuallly anywhere else in sub-Saharan Africa.

Rwanda are also top of the league for women in parliament, for example.

If so, we can't send them back.

I think Rwanda is getting a lot of stick and not enough credit. They really are making an effort to improve their country, making it safer and cleaner than virtuallly anywhere else in sub-Saharan Africa.

Rwanda are also top of the league for women in parliament, for example.
There's some in development economics who think that you need something close to competent dictatorship to rapidly rise from the lowest levels of development to ~$10k per capita GDP. After that is when some level of democratic participation should be introduced.

That's what happened with the likes of Taiwan, Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, China.

I'm not fully convinced, think that it's a partial explanation at best.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Gerald Ahern

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼