Jesus lads, 'tis looking like BREXIT!

Liz Truss would be “robbing Peter to pay Paul” if she diverted £13bn of funding for the NHS to deal with a Covid backlog in social care, experts have said.

The Conservative leadership frontrunner told a hustings on Tuesday night that she would spend the £13bn earmarked for the NHS to catch up on delayed treatment after Covid on social care instead

But!, But! The brexiteers promised 350million per week, instead of raiding the NHS for 13 billion

Posted this before - it is costing them 10 years of EU membership a year.
100 billion a year it is costing them.
As opposed to 350 mill a week or 18 bill incoming a year.

It's a fair possibility that we'll go populist in the not-too-distant future.

I see a situation where SF get power, and it turns out the problems are a lot harder to fix than they suggested they were when they were in opposition.
And things won't improve for the people that were told they would improve for.

And then we'll see the rise of the right wing. And they'll follow the same route as the UK in finding someone to blame.

And things will get shitter for the people at the bottom, and someone will say , d'ja know wha' - it's the Poles / tinkers / Nigerians / are the problem around here.

and 10 years later we'll be in the same boat as the Brits are now

Not a chance in 10 years any maybe longer depending on if SF get into government and how they do.
Unity will come from a BP. A BP will come from the SoS. Lucidtalk has it that 57% under 24 want unity within 10 years, 47% v 42% want it in 10 years in under 48's. Demographics are undeniable. The only thing preventing unity is that a BP won't be called because the SoS won't call it. And I am increasingly of the view it will be called sooner so that it will marginally lose and it can be put to bed, like Scotland even if the GFA says every 7 years.

I just spotted that Liz Truss is married to a fella that went to Douglas Comm. Hugh O’Leary, any of ye know him?
Born in Canada.

They mustn’t have treated him well, his wife has already had a go at the Irish in the past:

I went looking up Liz Truss education and background after her latest gaff insulting Macron yesterday, burning yet more bridges.

Even her own father didn’t campaign for her when she ran for election as a Tory.

Liz Truss, successeure annoncée de B. Johnson au Royaume-Uni refuse de dire si E. Macron est un ami ou un ennemi "Ce n’est jamais bon de ne trop perdre ces repères. Le Royaume-Uni est une nation amie, quel que soit ses dirigeants, parfois malgré ses dirigeants.”

Macron:“The United Kingdom is a friendly nation, regardless of its leaders, sometimes in spite of its leaders”

A nice slap in the face with a wet poisson for Liz.

No no no. In theory the SoS has the ability to call a BP but he/she can’t go on a solo run.
Unity will come from a BP. A BP will come from the SoS. Lucidtalk has it that 57% under 24 want unity within 10 years, 47% v 42% want it in 10 years in under 48's. Demographics are undeniable. The only thing preventing unity is that a BP won't be called because the SoS won't call it. And I am increasingly of the view it will be called sooner so that it will marginally lose and it can be put to bed, like Scotland even if the GFA says every 7 years.
That cannot happen. Although it’s in the gift of the SOS to call a BP, it won’t happen if the ROI say we are not ready to hold a referendum yet. The BP vote is only allowed to happen simultaneously North and south.
We (in the ROI) are NOT beholden to a Westminster MP to decide if we hold a referendum in our jurisdiction…that’s just crazy talk. If he/she makes demands/forces a date, we can tell him/her to feck off. Ya know, sovereignty and all that.

Last edited:
It's a fair possibility that we'll go populist in the not-too-distant future.

I see a situation where SF get power, and it turns out the problems are a lot harder to fix than they suggested they were when they were in opposition.
And things won't improve for the people that were told they would improve for.

And then we'll see the rise of the right wing. And they'll follow the same route as the UK in finding someone to blame.

And things will get shitter for the people at the bottom, and someone will say , d'ja know wha' - it's the Poles / tinkers / Nigerians / are the problem around here.

and 10 years later we'll be in the same boat as the Brits are now
We'd never be that stupid as them and their catastrophic act of self-harm

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

16th May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼