Jack Charlton RIP

I thought the parts dealing with Charlton's illness were sad and I felt for him and his heroic wife.

The 'Talking Heads' part was predictable nonsense, though. As well as the disgraced Ahern talking his usual ráiméas, and the worn-out and insulting tripe that football results trumped years of investment in an elite education system, a tax regime attractive to foreign investment and membership of the EU as the primary reason for the Celtic Tiger (would we all have starved if Mackay had missed?) we had the fresh nonsense from Niall Quinn that Charlton played a part in the Peace Process and opened a window for the political leaders to being men of violence in.

Fair play to him, it would have been news to John Hume, God love him.

I thought the parts dealing with Charlton's illness were sad and I felt for him and his heroic wife.

The 'Talking Heads' part was predictable nonsense, though. As well as the disgraced Ahern talking his usual ráiméas, and the worn-out and insulting tripe that football results trumped years of investment in an elite education system, a tax regime attractive to foreign investment and membership of the EU as the primary reason for the Celtic Tiger (would we all have starved if Mackay had missed?) we had the fresh nonsense from Niall Quinn that Charlton played a part in the Peace Process and opened a window for the political leaders to being men of violence in.

Fair play to him, it would have been news to John Hume, God love him.

🤔
Quinn tends to be full of 💩 at times.

Without question the success of that team helped to shape a more positive view of the Irish in Britain. Quite how that played into the peace process i don't know, it'a a bit of a stretch.

Listened to an interview with Cas on newstalk last night, He said Jack told them they were two players
short of been genuine world cup contenders, Lineker and Hoddle,

Listened to an interview with Cas on newstalk last night, He said Jack told them they were two players
short of been genuine world cup contenders, Lineker and Hoddle,
Liam_Brady_rte.jpg

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

12th May 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼