ISIS Bulldozes the Nimrod Archaelogical Site in Iraq

Seriously?

That's how to parent.
Yeah - it was on the channel 4 news last night.

A “radicalised” chemistry teacher whose family hid his passport in an attempt to stop him joining Islamic State (Isis) has been jailed for six years.

Jamshed Javeed was poised to travel to Syria in late 2013 to fight alongside the group. After helping his younger brother make the trip, he prepared to follow from his Manchester home.

He admitted two terrorist offences at an earlier hearing but insisted that he was travelling only to support the people of Syria, not to join Isis.

Jailing Javeed, the judge, Michael Topolski, said he was “not satisfied” that he had rejected “Isis’s ultimate aims”.

Javeed’s relatives initially foiled his plans by hiding his passport but he persisted, even after learning that his wife was pregnant. The teacher, who taught in Bolton, Greater Manchester, was arrested in December 2013, hours before he was set to leave the UK.

He claimed that he wanted to support the ordinary people of Syria, was not an extremist and had never supported “the aims of Isis as now revealed and understood”.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/mar/05/chemistry-teacher-tried-to-join-isis-jailed-six-years

Did anyone see the chap on the news last night from the UK who wanted to go and fight for ISIS? His dad hid his passport and grassed him up to the police. Fair play..

Seriously?

That's how to parent.

I heard an extract on the radio yesterday. He was arguing either with his wife/sister/mother, unsure, about how he's going to go anyway and nothing they can do to stop him etc... Big argument.

Apparently he then reported his passport as stolen and applied for another one.
Was he a chemist or something did I hear? Sure, what would he want to be doing out there.

This destruction of historic sites and ancient artifacts is beyond deplorable and, to be honest, I find it harder to stomach that all their slaughter. People are murdered all the time but this is wiping out tangible history. Not cool.

This destruction of historic sites and ancient artifacts is beyond deplorable and, to be honest, I find it harder to stomach that all their slaughter. People are murdered all the time but this is wiping out tangible history. Not cool.

Er...

I mean, it's not even a philosophy or another take on how Islam should order itself, it's just moronic.

They woke up this morning and said 'let's see how stupid we can be today'.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Crash Test Dummies
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

1st Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 1:45pm

More events ▼