Irish Rugby where to now

Thats depressing, have to wonder though, other than the golden oldies mentioned, there are plenty of decent young players in the provinical teams.

We need a groundhog at 7.

groundhog-day.jpg

Less emphasis on flashy foreign imports and actually give development contracts to the guys that deserve them and work on the basic skills with kids from a young age.

More development officers in the munster and leinster regions and a policy of further inclusiveness with the Nordies and Connachtmen. A crasckdown on the drinking culture within the provinces would also help.

Never happen though. I predict Mr Thornley, Hook et al will be in the same position pontificating the demise of Irish rugger albeit with a different cast, in four years time.,
Theres

Are you mad Tayto's? They'd be killed.

We're not too badly served with youngfellas coming through. Although it may be many a year until we have the likes of a POC, And I doubt we'll have anything near a BOD.

As others have said, I'll be highly surprised if they get more than a run in the Celtic League. Its the Irish way, Wait until a fella has to be wheeled onto the pitch in a Wheelchair, Pick him for two more games, Then leave him on the bench for a bit before finally caving in and picking a promising 29 year old.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Onóir
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

27th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Kevin Quigley

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼