Irish history in our schools....lies still being told??

The Victor always writes the History---I am sure that a different perspective of the Vietnam war is taught to Vietnamese schoolchildren than is taught to their American counterparts---likewise Irish schoolchildren heard of Kilmichael but not Ballyseedy and Boulavogue but not Scoulabogue --but that changes with the passage of time and generations

So is what happened at Ballyseedy being taught in Irish schools nowadays?

That's my point in this thread.

What sort of lies are the children being told in the schols these days? Is the '16 Rising still being sold as one of the greatest occasions in Irish history rather than the comedic opera that it was from start to finish.

Have they ever been told of some of the horrific atrocities that occurred during the Civil War?
Why don't you write a strongly worded letter to the Irish Times?

Whatever for the 1916 rising (revolutions are always romanticized) the one I remember being seriously revised and bias was the 1913 lockout. We had a pretty broad minded enough man for history in school and when it came to that he put the book down , and gave a far more encompassing account of what happened as suppose to what was in the book. Which as it happens was written by a Catholic priest.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

12th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼