Immigration Thread

Did you read the article?
The majority of Brazilians in Ireland who arrive in Ireland, according to the Embassy, obtain the visa called STAMP 2, which is offered to those who wish to study in the country, being able to work up to 20 hours per week in the months of classes and up to 40 hours per week, during vacation periods. To obtain this visa, you must prove that you are going to take a course of at least 25 weeks and that you must demonstrate that you have $3,000 or more to live in the country during this period. During the study period, a part of Brazilians find a good job opportunity and prefer to stay in Ireland, enjoying a good quality of life and financial stability.

How do they decide to stay in Ireland, I thought when you finished they finished their study they left.
Nothing against them.

The majority of Brazilians in Ireland who arrive in Ireland, according to the Embassy, obtain the visa called STAMP 2, which is offered to those who wish to study in the country, being able to work up to 20 hours per week in the months of classes and up to 40 hours per week, during vacation periods. To obtain this visa, you must prove that you are going to take a course of at least 25 weeks and that you must demonstrate that you have $3,000 or more to live in the country during this period. During the study period, a part of Brazilians find a good job opportunity and prefer to stay in Ireland, enjoying a good quality of life and financial stability.

How do they decide to stay in Ireland, I thought when you finished they finished their study they left.
Nothing against them.
They apply for a work visa. There is a graduate scheme, for example, to allow people to remain and work once their period of study has ended.

I'm not sure why you would assume that they are staying in Ireland and working without a work visa.

Are there still Brazilians working in the meat plant in Mitchelstown? There was a good few of them on the Curraghallagh team before the North Cork League got shut down.

They apply for a work visa. There is a graduate scheme, for example, to allow people to remain and work once their period of study has ended.

I'm not sure why you would assume that they are staying in Ireland and working without a work visa.
What do the facts of the issue matter? He got to put out his scary rise in numbers statement, and enough people will be outraged by the shock value in that that no amount of examining the actual issue or the facts about what's really happening will matter.

It's happening in this immigration thread, it's happening in the housing thread, it happens in all the government threads, it's happening in the two trans threads. The reality of the situation is irrelevant if you say your scary sounding statement enough times.

Who said that they are working without a visa. Stop putting words in my mouth
sic During the study period, a part of Brazilians find a good job opportunity and prefer to stay in Ireland, enjoying a good quality of life and financial stability

You are telling me they are all graduates

What do the facts of the issue matter? He got to put out his scary rise in numbers statement, and enough people will be outraged by the shock value in that that no amount of examining the actual issue or the facts about what's really happening will matter.

It's happening in this immigration thread, it's happening in the housing thread, it happens in all the government threads, it's happening in the two trans threads. The reality of the situation is irrelevant if you say your scary sounding statement enough times.
You shut your mouth. Left wing fool

Who said that they are working without a visa. Stop putting words in my mouth
sic During the study period, a part of Brazilians find a good job opportunity and prefer to stay in Ireland, enjoying a good quality of life and financial stability

You are telling me they are all graduates

So when you said "This is interesting, I thought you needed a work visa to work full time." you weren't implying that they were working without a visa?

Sure thing...

How long can a student stay in Ireland studying English language full-time?

A student may be granted immigration permission for a maximum of three English language programmes of 8 months duration each. The total duration of immigration permission for a new student attending English language programmes is two years (i.e. three x 8 months). You will need to provide your end-of-programme exam results and meet attendance requirements in order to renew your permission each time. If you wish to stay on as a student after that time you must enrol on a higher education programme listed on the ILEP.

So how do they stay?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼