How much time needed to make a connection at Stansted?

I'm looking to fly from Santiago de Compostela in Spain to Dublin on March 31.

There is a direct flight, but it doesn't land until around 5.30pm Irish time. I'd like to get back a little earlier on the day if I can make it happen, just to have an hour or so to prowl around a few shops in Dublin city centre before getting a train back down to Cork later in the evening.

So, I've been looking around and came up with this possible scenario:

Fly Santiago to Stansted, due to land at 11.45am.

Then there is a flight to Dublin, due to leave at 1.40pm.

Obviously, if the first flight goes late, I'd be fucked, but assuming it went to schedule, would that strike people familiar with Stansted as offering enough time to make it to the departure gate? One potential catch is that I'll have a bag for the hold, so I'll have to go to the check-in area.

What do you reckon?

you should not have any issue making the flight IF the flight arrives in stanstead on time,its not a huge airport to get around.

Cheers for that.

Just looking at another option - flying from Santiago to Madrid, and then on to Dublin. Between one flight landing and the other departing, there's just about a 2 1/2 hour window. I'm not familiar with Madrid airport, but with that little bit of extra time, do you think it might be a safer option?

Cheers for that.

Just looking at another option - flying from Santiago to Madrid, and then on to Dublin. Between one flight landing and the other departing, there's just about a 2 1/2 hour window. I'm not familiar with Madrid airport, but with that little bit of extra time, do you think it might be a safer option?

Barajas (Madrid) gets a bad rep but I think it should be OK as its modern and you're travelling between Spanish speaking countries.

In Stansted if you upgrade your seat to business class, there's a magic door that lets you first skip the queue of people for security check (3000+), then skip the entire shops maze (~10mins).

Stansted is designed to flow people through all the shops to maximise profit. The route to gates snakes its way through every single shop. Slow enough even for a brisk walker, because of all the spazzers staring at products (like walking down pana). The business class ticket allows you to side-step the entire thing and end up at the start of the gates.

Think, instead of going down pana, grand parade and oliver plunkett street to get to the GPO, instead using Winthrop street, if you get me.

Will make you feel like a smug cunt too. Extra bonus is getting the priority boarding, so you can skip the queue at the gate too, if you're late.
I have been that smug cunt.

It's worth bearing in mind that there are major renovations going on inside the Stanstead Terminals at the moment and there is hoarding every corner you turn.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Juicy Couture Fc

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼