How many Pride weekends are there?

Housing is another area that is challenging for trans people, Saoirse says. She came across situations where she spoke to someone on the phone, as regards a house share, but when they would meet her the offer wasn’t followed through.

“I started noticing road blocks - on the phone I sounded like the perfect fit - a young professional female, and then they opened the door and suddenly the room wasn’t available or they weren’t interested.

----

I don't want to be harsh about it because I have real sympathy for anyone who thinks they are born in the wrong body but the failure to acknowledge that they are not the perfect fit for "young professional female" is the root of a lot of these problems.

Clearly this person feels they are female as any natural woman and is entitled to share any woman's private space, changing rooms, bathroom etc. This is misguided.

I am seeing a major growth in kids "identifying" as different genders and even things in the schools or late, therian is becoming v popular. Hopefully just a phase in many cases but it is coming at them from all angles, thick and fast, snapchat, youtube.

Once they look it up at all they are then feed a steady diet of youtube and snapchat shorts to reaffirm and normalise the possibility. Google is happy to further reaffirm the possibility and commend the bravery of coming out as such. First hand I have seen the ones that struggle to fit in or lack social skills are most vulnerable, as you would expect.

For any parents who have kids approaching the early teens of teachers or guardians who have a duty of care to the children of that age, the above is worth noting.

While I have huge sympathy for trans people and the mental trauma they must experience I firmly believe that this normalisation of trans identification needs to be pushed back on even a the cost of upsetting a few people. It is too dangerous and important to let go unchecked. Putting the likes of Saoirse here on a pedestal as a brave inspiration is affecting and confusing innocent and impressionable kids.

Housing is another area that is challenging for trans people, Saoirse says. She came across situations where she spoke to someone on the phone, as regards a house share, but when they would meet her the offer wasn’t followed through.

“I started noticing road blocks - on the phone I sounded like the perfect fit - a young professional female, and then they opened the door and suddenly the room wasn’t available or they weren’t interested.

----

I don't want to be harsh about it because I have real sympathy for anyone who thinks they are born in the wrong body but the failure to acknowledge that they are not the perfect fit for "young professional female" is the root of a lot of these problems.

Clearly this person feels they are female as any natural woman and is entitled to share any woman's private space, changing rooms, bathroom etc. This is misguided.

I am seeing a major growth in kids "identifying" as different genders and even things in the schools or late, therian is becoming v popular. Hopefully just a phase in many cases but it is coming at them from all angles, thick and fast, snapchat, youtube.

Once they look it up at all they are then feed a steady diet of youtube and snapchat shorts to reaffirm and normalise the possibility. Google is happy to further reaffirm the possibility and commend the bravery of coming out as such. First hand I have seen the ones that struggle to fit in or lack social skills are most vulnerable, as you would expect.

For any parents who have kids approaching the early teens of teachers or guardians who have a duty of care to the children of that age, the above is worth noting.

While I have huge sympathy for trans people and the mental trauma they must experience I firmly believe that this normalisation of trans identification needs to be pushed back on even a the cost of upsetting a few people. It is too dangerous and important to let go unchecked. Putting the likes of Saoirse here on a pedestal as a brave inspiration is affecting and confusing innocent and impressionable kids.

Well worth a watch if you have an hour to spare.. If not go to the last 5 minutes..

----

A vile comment

A vile comment
I hope it's not the part about protecting young impressionable kids from this dangerous ideology that you find "vile".

If you have any insight, and I mean ANY insight at all, into what young kids are being fed on this trans ideology and how they are being confused and damaged by it you might reconsider your position.

12 / 13 year old's thinking they are trans, non-binary, therians, because they are and it's happening right under your nose in Cork schools. It is both frightening and disturbing.

Last edited:
I hope it's not the part about protecting young impressionable kids from this dangerous ideology that you find "vile".

If you have any insight, and I mean ANY insight at all, into what young kids are being fed on this trans ideology and how they are being confused and damaged by it you might reconsider your position.

12 / 13 year old's thinking they are trans, non-binary, therians, because they are and it's happening right under your nose in Cork schools. It is both frightening and disturbing.
How many people are we talking about here? I work in a private secondary school in a very liberal Euro country and I have seen 1 case of a kid transitioning in the last couple of years. One out of a 1000 or so. That seems to be where we are. There's a few gay lads and lasses, and a couple where, physically, you'd wonder what gender they are or desire to be, but actually Trans...... One. This person, 17 year old I think, has now changed name and may be starting some hormone treatment. Don't know about surgery. I mean, it's not really a fucking big deal. The teachers of this student have been informed that they now wish to be called X instead of Y. Not much of an issue, tbh.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

1st Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

DJ Mossy

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼