How many Pride weekends are there?

I think every time a book is released in the library telling teenagers it's OK to be gay parents should ring up their TD and tell them this filth is to be condemned. Learning about who you are, and what you might enjoy, from a book reviewed by experts is not what Ireland is about. Ireland is about sucking the priest's mickey and then being told you were very bold and keep it to yourself, lest you go to hell.

The hysteria can subside now till the next outrage.
I just checked the Irish libraries website, there are 297 copies available at present. Every library in Ireland has it catergorised as Young Adult Non Fiction or Adult Non Fiction. Young Adult is 15-17 year olds.
Just curious how do we know the book wasn't always in that section?

Incorrect.

'Members 15-17 can access all library collections

Members 12-14 can access the childrens and young adults collection'.

Screenshot_20230602_162117_Brave.jpg

I dont think that book should be in the young adult collection where children as young as 12 can have access to it.

The only person shrieking about 'hysteria' is Matlock.

I think every time a book is released in the library telling teenagers it's OK to be gay parents should ring up their TD and tell them this filth is to be condemned. Learning about who you are, and what you might enjoy, from a book reviewed by experts is not what Ireland is about. Ireland is about sucking the priest's mickey and then being told you were very bold and keep it to yourself, lest you go to hell.

You're about as amusing as colon cancer.

*deletes paragraph*

😂

Ok my 14yo... point still stands. There should be a standard.

(and no obviously I have nothing to back that up, call it a safe assumption.)
It isn't a "safe assumption" though, it's " this is my subjective opinion so it must be objectively true".

You don't think your 14 year old will be reading/talking about blowjobs?

Unable to put together a coherent argument again I see.

Every girl in my class in first year in secondary school (average age 12/13) read Judy Blume's "Forever", which contains a pretty graphic instructions on how to give a hand job.
What is the correct technique?
I'm trying to retrospectively discern which of my dates were readers.

It isn't a "safe assumption" though, it's " this is my subjective opinion so it must be objectively true".

You don't think your 14 year old will be reading/talking about blowjobs?

Ah it's a safe assumption alright.

And I'm not naive enough to think that young teens aren't curious about sex but there is a big difference between young girls talking amongst themselves and them accessing material to read on the subject.

What is with this obsession with exposing young people to sex? Leave them talk and giggle away about it like we all did and give them proper formal sex education when the time is right but leave the literature with blowjobs and handjobs and whatever other "jobs" there are until they are old enough.

Ah it's a safe assumption alright.

And I'm not naive enough to think that young teens aren't curious about sex but there is a big difference between young girls talking amongst themselves and them accessing material to read on the subject.

What is with this obsession with exposing young people to sex? Leave them talk and giggle away about it like we all did and give them proper formal sex education when the time is right but leave the literature with blowjobs and handjobs and whatever other "jobs" there are until they are old enough.
What age do you consider " old enough"? If you think the average 14 year old doesn't now about hand jobs or blowjobs then you are deluded tbh!

Why would you rather young girls get misinformation from their friends rather than factually correct information from a book?

It's not a safe assumption. You just want to assume that everyone thinks like you!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

8th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Award Winning Terry Alderton and Guests

City Limits, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼