Handing in your notice?

##linda## said:
staff handbook!?!

whats that lol, the company im with now doesnt have a staff handbook, its too small a company for that, plus the fella i've down for a reference is NOT the person i'll be handing my notice to. my boss, who's the owner isnt in a position to give me a reference anyways.

the thing is right, if this was a great company to work for and if my boss was stern but fair, i would give a months notice, but to honest there was a girl left here about 2 months ago. she gave him a weeks notice and he asked her to stay for 2, which is fair enough.
so i'm gonna try 2 weeks if he pushes for 3, then fair enough, but he's gotta ask me, im not gonna sit there and go, im giving you my 2 weeks notice but i can stay for 3 if you want. you've no idea how much of a p***k he is. i no all bosses are langers like but this fella takes the biscuit.

Yeah, I get ya. I gave my last company 6 weeks notice and they still weren't happy, cos my replacement couldn't start till after my notice ran out. They put pressure on me to come in even though it was the week I was moving to Oz.
Give 'em 2 so and stand your ground cos they'll definitely chance their arm to get you to stay longer.

oul'doll said:
Yeah, I get ya. I gave my last company 6 weeks notice and they still weren't happy, cos my replacement couldn't start till after my notice ran out. They put pressure on me to come in even though it was the week I was moving to Oz.
Give 'em 2 so and stand your ground cos they'll definitely chance their arm to get you to stay longer.

the saga is over anyways, job searching and handing in ur notice is one of the most stressful things ever.
handed it in yesterday, ended up giving 2 and a half weeks notice, im outta here in the 10th of march.
seems far cause i wasnt gonna leave on a wednesday like. so cheers for the help and advice an stuff.
cant wait to start my new job :D

the saga is over anyways, job searching and handing in ur notice is one of the most stressful things ever.
handed it in yesterday, ended up giving 2 and a half weeks notice, im outta here in the 10th of march.
seems far cause i wasnt gonna leave on a wednesday like. so cheers for the help and advice an stuff.

best of luck.in future the citizens info.service are great

I remember you

I love it when people get creative.

I doesnt just have to be a boring one or two line letter when handing in your notice.

im not some sort of attention seeking queer. I wouldnt make a big song and dance over it. A simple haiku would suffice for me

"Tablets fall from the press
like cherry blossoms in springtime
Tiger moves sillently in the forest
Pfizer are paying more"

other than that I may hand in my notice in the form of a hot new orleans jazz number called " This cat is fixing to split"

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

6th Jul 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

The Brightsides

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼