Half of parents let under 14s drink

That survey is a load of bollox. There is absolutely no way that half of parents in the UK are giving booze to 14 year olds.

It is not illegal for children aged from five upwards to drink in the home or on private premises.

Lads regardless of what we think about anything to do with boozing the law must change.

Maybe this is why they voted for brexit?

You cant smack your toddler yet you can give him a can once he is supervised.

So lads, are we popping a cork this afternoon to share a bottle with the toddlers over a Sunday roast?

We always bark on about how civil the French are, so are we going to be seen as some kind of idiots lads?

Ycnmiu.

Digging a little deeper here now ok.........

As it is legal, and before the wine thread crowd awaken, would anyone see a difference with giving a TODDLER a sip of wine or a sip of lets say, ( shout to the honkster ) single malt whiskey?

Digging a little deeper here now ok.........

As it is legal, and before the wine thread crowd awaken, would anyone see a difference with giving a TODDLER a sip of wine or a sip of lets say, ( shout to the honkster ) single malt whiskey?

I know people who's grandmothers were giving them a little dram of whisky when sick etc when they were small children.

I was probably drinking at 14, if my mother of father caught me it would have been holy war in the house for a month or two. I don't think I had my first drink with parents in a pub until I was about 25, I wouldn't smoke in front of them either, such was their rage.

I'd probably have a drink with my own kids around 16, have a smoke of some weed with them too if they were interested, no coke till 18 though lol.

Seriously though, I'd rather have a drink and joint with my spawns just to talk them through it.

I know people who's grandmothers were giving them a little dram of whisky when sick etc when they were small children.

I was probably drinking at 14, if my mother of father caught me it would have been holy war in the house for a month or two. I don't think I had my first drink with parents in a pub until I was about 25, I wouldn't smoke in front of them either, such was their rage.

I'd probably have a drink with my own kids around 16, have a smoke of some weed with them too if they were interested, no coke till 18 though lol.

Seriously though, I'd rather have a drink and joint with my spawns just to talk them through it.

And what about a six year old Smaug? You could have some good craic with one no?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 4pm

More events ▼