Graham Linehan

Maybe he should, but all sorts of people give all sorts of opinion about things that are not their business all the time and they don't get their lives destroyed as a result. Graham was a spokesman on marriage equality, despite not being gay, and that didn't seem to cause an issue. Because his opinion on marriage equality was the "right" one.

As to how this caused his marriage to fail, intense pressure often causes relationship breakdown - be that work worries, financial worries etc, all of which he experienced as a result of this.
Gay marriage and trans issues are completely separate things.

You seem to be making a lot of assumptions there.
So I will.
Maybe he’s just turned into an arsehole.

Like I do with what?
Aw FF Gowly, like you have opinions on lots of things that are not "your business".
I actually dunno what Linehan said about trans people, it's a long time ago, but it would want to be of holocaust-promoting levels to justify the vitriol he has suffered.
I'd like to think that those who have suffered oppression would have some compassion themselves, but it seldom seems to be the case.

Aw FF Gowly, like you have opinions on lots of things that are not "your business".
I actually dunno what Linehan said about trans people, it's a long time ago, but it would want to be of holocaust-promoting levels to justify the vitriol he has suffered.
I'd like to think that those who have suffered oppression would have some compassion themselves, but it seldom seems to be the case.
Such as?
I’m not in the public shouting about them anyway.
My point is that it’s a weird battle to fight.

Also It’s almost like actions have consequences.

Such as?

Whats 'weird' about it?

Its a free country. You don't decide which topics are off limits.

The 'consequences' he has suffered are hugely disproportionate to the supposed wrong doing he has done.

Basically go against the grain and you are finished.

Such as?

It is a weird hill to die on alright, but it's his right in a free country.

I don't agree with a lot of his opinions on trans people.

But the saying , "I might not agree with what you're saying, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it", has been replaced by "I disagree with you, and if you disagree with me, I will kill you"

If those people want to "put graham in his place", why not debate him in open forum, properly. If they are so sure he is wrong, they could crucify him in such forums and make him look silly.

Instead of ruining his life.

Gay marriage and trans issues are completely separate things.

You seem to be making a lot of assumptions there.
So I will.
Maybe he’s just turned into an arsehole.
I never equated gay marriage and trans issues, I pointed out that neither was his " business", and yet he was permitted to express an opinion on one and not on the other.

What assumptions have i made?

And yes, maybe he is an asshole, but to your mind does that mean it's OK to destroy his livelihood?

It is a weird hill to die on alright, but it's his right in a free country.

I don't agree with a lot of his opinions on trans people.

But the saying , "I might not agree with what you're saying, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it", has been replaced by "I disagree with you, and if you disagree with me, I will kill you"

If those people want to "put graham in his place", why not debate him in open forum, properly. If they are so sure he is wrong, they could crucify him in such forums and make him look silly.

Instead of ruining his life.
Yes, it’s his right to ruin his career and legacy alright.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny

The Roundy, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼