Game of thrones just surpassed the wire tonight.

I've watched it properly three times now. I'm sure I'll go back again in a few years. Took the second watch for me to really appreciate Olivia and Janice, though Janice still boils my piss
Olivia is a horrible joyless energy sucking vampire

Saw an interview with Chase a while back, and she was based on his own mother. In the end Tony becomes her.

The Sopranos is definitely my favourite show of all time. There are layers upon layers to the show. I've watched it a few times now and it always reveals something new.

Boardwalk was excellent and extremely under appreciated by mongs with the attention span of a turnip who was held back in 4th class.

Pity they were forced to wrap the last 2-3 seasons into 1.
Buscemi was unreal in it. It was quite dark in places as well with the race cards being dealt. The only thing that bothered me was the wife, Margaret, I think her name was, the dodgy Irish accent but her acting was better than than the voice

Olivia is a horrible joyless energy sucking vampire

Saw an interview with Chase a while back, and she was based on his own mother. In the end Tony becomes her.

The Sopranos is definitely my favourite show of all time. There are layers upon layers to the show. I've watched it a few times now and it always reveals something new.
Carmela was a good character. How the fuck she put up with Tony was unbelievable. I hated her Nurse show thing she did after solo.

Only watched The Wire during lockdown for the first time. Really enjoyed it, but still think people go on a bit about it. It's far from perfect. In the middle of watching The Sopranos for the first time at the moment, which is also great and so far I'm enjoying it more than The Wire. Both are streets ahead of Game Of Thrones, which I wish I'd never bothered with.

Only watched The Wire during lockdown for the first time. Really enjoyed it, but still think people go on a bit about it. It's far from perfect. In the middle of watching The Sopranos for the first time at the moment, which is also great and so far I'm enjoying it more than The Wire. Both are streets ahead of Game Of Thrones, which I wish I'd never bothered with.

You lucky bastard

I got into the Wire directly through Oz, which had a lot of the same cast members, and also first saw on TG4. Think they started screening the Wire shortly after the final series of Oz in its old slot.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

King K

Clancys, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼