Gambling in Sport

FAI submit report to Government questioning €1.5billion injection of public money into horse and greyhound racing​

Detailed analysis questions allocation of €100m betting tax per annum to just two sports and tackles Government defence

HRI: "We run like a well oiled machine and produce horses and jockeys that are the envy of many"

FAI: "We're definitely in the running to be one of the best Football Associations in Abbotstown and we might beat Gibraltar in the qualifiers...oh and we swear we won't make any money go missing ever again"

HRI: "We run like a well oiled machine and produce horses and jockeys that are the envy of many"

FAI: "We're definitely in the running to be one of the best Football Associations in Abbotstown and we might beat Gibraltar in the qualifiers...oh and we swear we won't make any money go missing ever again"

I think its more to do with the divvying up of public money based on the sports the bets are being placed on tbf and its a certainty that football accounts for a fair chunk of what Irish punters are betting on nowadays.

Aye, fuck the FAI. If they were half as competent as the horsey crowd we'd be a permanent top 25 team and occasional top 10.

I think its more to do with the divvying up of public money based on the sports the bets are being placed on tbf and its a certainty that football accounts for a fair chunk of what Irish punters are betting on nowadays.
They have a point there but then they argue that because the negative effects of gambling mean the benefits from horse racing are lost, but they still want a share of the money anyway.

Speaking out both cheeks of their arse there.

Up over 85k responses. 100k needed for it to be debated in parliament.

The government issued an initial response yesterday (also available to read at that link).

Some positive bits of wording in there - but I'll leave it to the various experts to pick through it with a fine-tooth comb and take a view on whether it's "enough".

Up over 85k responses. 100k needed for it to be debated in parliament.

The government issued an initial response yesterday (also available to read at that link).

Some positive bits of wording in there - but I'll leave it to the various experts to pick through it with a fine-tooth comb and take a view on whether it's "enough".

Sling it, Brit.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Mike Rice: Nasty Character
The Roundy, Castle St.

1st Jun 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Black Apple Bastards

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11:30pm

More events ▼