GAA Season 2021

red&blue

Has just been released

Inter County Leagues to begin in May, Championship in June and to be completed by the end of August

Club championship can begin as soon as the county team are finished with provincial championships in November and all Ireland finals in February 2022

https://www.gaa.ie/news/gaa-announce-revised-master-fixtures-calendar-for-2021/?fbclid=IwAR3OLhYh1QKe4SUG967TP_uniEN93Jx7lcraQdTqJqRWr3sm_9G6q01YXZ4

Last edited:
I’d have preferred league ran off quickly then allow the clubs the summer with IC returning in September where we’d have crowds hopefully.

This. The clubs should have the summer months. Less chance of the intercounty teams playing on shitty pitches from October on.

I wouldn’t have bothered with the IC leagues. Especially not when they’re possibly willing to name joint winners. I would have given teams a certain amount of prep time to play as many challenge games as they want and then give teams a second chance if they lose in the provincial championship.

In the case of Cork I think it’s just as well the footballers won’t beat Kerry this year because there’s plenty of 2020 to finish out along with the whole of the 2021 championships.

Club players screwed again. Summer hurling for de so called elite. Shitty weather for de grassroots. No wonder young lads turning away from de game

Has just been released

Inter County Leagues to begin in May, Championship in June and to be completed by the end of August

Club championship can begin as soon as the county team are finished with provincial championships in November and all Ireland finals in February 2022

https://www.gaa.ie/news/gaa-announce-revised-master-fixtures-calendar-for-2021/?fbclid=IwAR3OLhYh1QKe4SUG967TP_uniEN93Jx7lcraQdTqJqRWr3sm_9G6q01YXZ4

Saying the club championship can start as soon as county is knocked out totally defeats the purpose of the split season. Clubs players wanted certainty. Now they're back to not knowing what months they can or can't booked holidays, weddings, etc.

Saying the club championship can start as soon as county is knocked out totally defeats the purpose of the split season. Clubs players wanted certainty. Now they're back to not knowing what months they can or can't booked holidays, weddings, etc.

You can’t book holidays anyway? :lol!:

I agree with what you’re saying but in the case of this year we have to allow a pass to the GAA on this. There can’t really be a guaranteed plan anyway because of the fact we can’t really trust our nation to stay out of lockdown for too long or even get out of it in the first place. I think all players would prefer crack on with things as soon as their county is out, it’s a decent plan.

I think there’s more room for argument in club players not getting to play in the summer but I can see why they’ve opted to go this route. Not in favour of IC leagues being run as I’ve stated. Otherwise it’s a plan which is more than our government have given the nation.

Club players screwed again. Summer hurling for de so called elite. Shitty weather for de grassroots. No wonder young lads turning away from de game

Nonsense, clubs all around the country proved they couldn’t manage things during covid, having the same nonsense occur this summer would be a disaster, intercounty is just about manageable for the gaa.
This is the reason clubs will wait until hopefully covid is managed
Through vaccination, tough luck to clubs but last summer showed it’s the right decision

Have you lived in Ireland for the last year? Who is able to know when they can book weddings and holidays? Get real ffs

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Jack Ahern

The Pav, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼