Free Legal Parking at the CourtHouse

Asked a Garda there and he said it was for 'state parking'. I muttered something about the rest of us having to pay parking levies, and straight away he was like 'Oh no, I know myself sure I'm paying now for my space and I'm down because the income levy!'. TBF, he obviously thought it was a joke too.

And btw- these cars weren't all parked up on the plaza- most were hanging over the kerb, obstructing the street. On the street behind by the church, the opposite side of the street had sections of public parking cordened off with tape and cones.

It's a disgrace that highly paid judges and solicitors should get free illegal parking like this. As for the civil servants, some of whom are not paid well at all (let's be fair, none of them are parking mercs there) I'd have more sympathy, but you know what? Tough. Use the bus, if that doesn't work, use the park and ride... if there's no park and ride, park in a free zone where there isn't excessive demand and take the bus in from there.

Utter, utter gombeenery.

Possibly just a smaill point but the Solicitors dont park there. Judges do, some gardai do, but not us!!

My buddy is a solicitor, he normally doesn't park there but he has once or twice when he was late.

So they do.

If they do they will be ticketed, clamped and towed like any other citizen who does the same. I know the Guard there and the spots are for Judges (just like at the side of Camden Quay) who appear to be immune to the parking laws which we have to adhere to. All judges (cept District Court ones) have a driver each anyway so could be dropped there, car driven to a local car park (such as the one already provided on Angelsea St) and collected later.
Fat chance...

If they do they will be ticketed, clamped and towed like any other citizen who does the same. I know the Guard there and the spots are for Judges (just like at the side of Camden Quay) who appear to be immune to the parking laws which we have to adhere to. All judges (cept District Court ones) have a driver each anyway so could be dropped there, car driven to a local car park (such as the one already provided on Angelsea St) and collected later.
Fat chance...

Well he has gotten away with it so the guard must be in on it

Well he has gotten away with it so the guard must be in on it

The guard has nothing to do with tickets clamping etc. He just reserves with the cones some spaces for the Judges. Solicitors are possibly at the bottom of his list of "must look afters". your buddy took a chance and got away with it. The biys that run the Wash pub do the same and are olways keeping sketch for the clampers.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Open Mic Night

Fred Zeppelins, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼