Free Legal Parking at the CourtHouse

I walked past the Courthouse today. There were twelve cars parked on the footpath around the entrance steps. There are no breaks or ramps in the footpath, so clearly this was never intended as a parking area. It is a footpath after all. There were various Garda no parking cones scattered about. Presumably these are used to hold the spaces for specific people who are working in the Courthouse. It looks like normal parking and footpath safety laws are being flagrantly broken with the co-operation of the Gardai. Furthermore this free parking is an untaxed perk. This is a blatant show of contempt for the public who are paying these peoples wages.

DD

Furthermore this free parking is an untaxed perk. This is a blatant show of contempt for the public who are paying these peoples wages.

DD

Isn't it the same with the Cork City Council workers who leave their hi-vis bibs on the dash-car seat the the cars become invisible to their traffic warden colleagues?

Just isn't enough parking Dan, plain and simple. Its a perk I bet any working person would take, including yourself. Doesn't make it right but there you go. Last place Washington St. needs as well is more pedestrians on road, enough of them already decide to waltz in front of speeding cars as they cross.

Just isn't enough parking Dan, plain and simple. Its a perk I bet any working person would take, including yourself. Doesn't make it right but there you go. Last place Washington St. needs as well is more pedestrians on road, enough of them already decide to waltz in front of speeding cars as they cross.

If it was a perk, it would be a legal car park. As of now it is illegal. That is what the problem is. Judges above all people, should be seen to be obeying the law. Abandoning ones car on top of a footpath is illegal, and the law should be enforced.

If they wanted free car parking they should have built an underground car park when the courthouse was being renovated, or else they should mark out parking spaces on liberty street as "reserved for court staff" or something.

But not ignore the law and drive on to the footpath and abandon their cars without fear of sanction.

If it was a perk, it would be a legal car park. As of now it is illegal. That is what the problem is. Judges above all people, should be seen to be obeying the law. Abandoning ones car on top of a footpath is illegal, and the law should be enforced.

If they wanted free car parking they should have built an underground car park when the courthouse was being renovated, or else they should mark out parking spaces on liberty street as "reserved for court staff" or something.

But not ignore the law and drive on to the footpath and abandon their cars without fear of sanction.

Point taken, although who's to say its judges? In fact, without identification of the car owners, we can't cast blame on the court house or its employees.

Point taken, although who's to say its judges? In fact, without identification of the car owners, we can't cast blame on the court house or its employees.

They are judges. And when they were using the temporary courthouse on camden quay the cops used to cordon off the side street for judges to park there. Even though the multi storey car park was on the same street.

The judges are like mafia dons or something.

It is a disgrace.

Surely it is in breach of planning and you could make a complaint to Building Control at Cork City planning department ?

Spend millions on a refurb and let the privledged park right outside the door ?

Only in Direland.

Surely it is in breach of planning and you could make a complaint to Building Control at Cork City planning department ?

Spend millions on a refurb and let the privledged park right outside the door ?

Only in Direland.

I already said it to a cop when I was passing a few years ago. I said "how come they are all allowed to park on the footpath?" He said that it was "national security."

FFS!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Best Of Cork Special
City Limits, Coburg St.

11th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

3 Of A Kind

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼