Fitzgibbon/Sigerson

By who? Collins will be goal for the championship bar an injury
Therein lies the problem. The young lad is a miles better keeper but will have to wait his turn.
I read an echo report how Collins had a great game the weekend, you’d have to wonder what the agenda there is. He had one good save but his distribution was awful. I could play short to a man when there’s 10 in our own half but that hardly makes me special.

Therein lies the problem. The young lad is a miles better keeper but will have to wait his turn.
I read an echo report how Collins had a great game the weekend, you’d have to wonder what the agenda there is. He had one good save but his distribution was awful. I could play short to a man when there’s 10 in our own half but that hardly makes me special.
Saw that as well and thought it was a strange article but Brion is not miles better than him and it's nonsense to say so.

Mellerick, Downey, Barrett and Hayes came out with credit. Big reputations shredded else where. Pat Ryan's hands are tied given the limitations he's working with.
My eye.
The lads gave it everything, came up against a team that outlasted them, full stop.
They went toe to toe with them better than any other team this year, and should learn a lot in that defeat.
For some of them it's their first real taste of that, they will learn from it.
Not having Cunningham in the team definitely hurt them, he was the difference maker in many an U20 game last season.

Take a look at what UL did to NUI Galway in the final last year for context.

I'd expect NUI Galway to have come on from that and give a better account of themselves this year in the SF

We need to recognise also that Fitzgibbon is a higher standard than U20 and that these lads will come on from this experience. A lot of them showed why they weren’t included in this year’s league panel and those on the brink of the team were left in little doubt that they have a lot of work to do to get up to senior inter county level.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

12th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼