Fitzgibbon/Sigerson

Every Cork team / coach should watch that second half UCC performance. Its shows what happens when you've no confidence in your ability to win 50/50 ball or tackle properly. Absolutely woeful.

Some of the tackling from lads on the Cork senior panel had to be seen to be believed.
Some eye opener for lads that think we have a strong panel now. We are dreamland when it comes to fight and physicality

Every Cork team / coach should watch that second half UCC performance. Its shows what happens when you've no confidence in your ability to win 50/50 ball or tackle properly. Absolutely woeful.

Some of the tackling from lads on the Cork senior panel had to be seen to be believed.
Nailed it there Omar. Carbon copy of the second half on Sunday except for Hoggy there to salvage some pride upfront.

Mellerick, Downey, Barrett and Hayes came out with credit. Big reputations shredded else where. Pat Ryan's hands are tied given the limitations he's working with.

Mellerick, Downey, Barrett and Hayes came out with credit. Big reputations shredded else where. Pat Ryan's hands are tied given the limitations he's working with.
Thought all 4 took shocking decisions at times.
First 3 were decent overall but I'd have taken Hayes off well before full-time

I feel fight and intensity is either in a fella or it isnt, can not be coached,

I disagree, not every fella in Kilkenny automatically has that but Cody when he was there made sure any fella pulling on the jersey had it - whether force of personality or training via the Nowlan park no whistle training they developed it and it seems they have kept that up.
Of course the other side of it was that fellas had to perform and in the top counties they have to perform, this by its nature makes fellas fight harder….in cork it has been harder to get dropped over gettingn selected, we’ll see over the next few months of that lesson has been leaned

Only managed to tune into this 7 mins into second half. UCC led 15 points to 11 at thus point.
From this point on to the final whistle absolutely no UCC player came out with credit.
It was abject stuff for that last 25 minutes.
I can't comment on the first 37 minutes but it's kind of irrelevant when a team collapses in the last 25 and ends up getting beaten out the gate.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

The Biz

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼