Fitzgibbon/Sigerson

Fitz is only a distraction to intercounty players . Still poor result for UCC, cork players not cutting it again. Time for ucc to bring back in a few outsiders.

Poor result considering how strong the team looked on paper. You had only a couple who started championship matches for Cork last season, but a lot of the others will be given time in the league with the hope that one or two might break onto the team, and you'd expect quite a few more to be in the championship 26.

Edit: the CCB should definitely try to get Wall involved with an underage Cork side. Iirc he was interested in taking on the Minors back in 2020 (either as manager or coach, not sure which). Either way, I'd say he'd be a great asset, and well worth inviting him in.

Last edited:
I wouldnt read too much into it, Mary I have the advantage of being a small, all in one place college with Jamie Wall doing a great job there. UCC home v Maynooth next Thurs, a win puts them into an away qf v UL apparently. Having several established Cork intercounty players could have worked against UCC as you can imagine the preseason stuff that is going on now.
How would having several County men work against them?
Ffs

That UCC result should Ring the Alarm for the Cork Hurling Gentry who think their is Inter County Kick this Summer. Long Long way off.

So Fitzgibbon is a clear and consistent indicator of how the inter County season will go?
Remember UCC winning it and Cork not roaring to AI success....
I guess you'll be saying now that it was the non Cork players who were behind those victories?
Do you just pick every loss involving anyone related to the senior intercounty Cork team as evidence that we are in an the infinite doldrums?

Didn't see the game, thought it was supposed to be streamed on EI YouTube but no sign.

So Fitzgibbon is a clear and consistent indicator of how the inter County season will go?
Remember UCC winning it and Cork not roaring to AI success....
I guess you'll be saying now that it was the non Cork players who were behind those victories?
Do you just pick every loss involving anyone related to the senior intercounty Cork team as evidence that we are in an the infinite doldrums?

Didn't see the game, thought it was supposed to be streamed on EI YouTube but no sign.
The was an issue with the stream, they announced it before hand. As for HWM, best ignored, he is a troll. Have a quick read of his posts and contrast his attitude towards Cork hurling and Cork football, totally different. He tries to hide "I'm a football man myself" but he can't :lol!:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Funny Fridays Special
City Limits, Coburg St.

3rd May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼