First job

scouser

Hey lads, my boss wants me to spin some tunes in the bar where I work on Friday nights. The crowd will be mostly people in their mid twenties to early forties...

I've a good knowledge of 80s/90s music but I'm worried about building up and slowing down etc. Beats per minute and all that craic...any (helpful) advice?

Cheers in advance...

dont worry about mixing and matching bpm's just play your favorite songs. if your just playing 80's and 90's i wouldnt worry. when one song comes to the end without leaving a gap just play the next one straight away

good luck :)

Cheers Soxy, and I'd be alright with the ol fading actually. I suppose what Im worried about is tempo. As in playing an upbeat song and then playing one thats much slower than that next...I'm an awful scaredy cat!

Cheers Soxy, and I'd be alright with the ol fading actually. I suppose what Im worried about is tempo. As in playing an upbeat song and then playing one thats much slower than that next...I'm an awful scaredy cat!

well dont go from a really upbeat song straight into a really slower one.you probably have an idea of what your going to play already so you can match them up a bit, dont be scared, you'll probably get really into it after a bit

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

28th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

DJ Jus Me

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼