Few Q's

MrsO

I'm new on here so hi everyone. :-D
I'm from Scotland but moving to Cork in March (my husband is from there)
I've done most of the research online into schools, crime rates etc but I want to know more about the place from the people who live there. I think the view I've been given from the hubby is a bit bias cos he's been wanting to move home for a while.
So anything you can tell me would be a great help. I'm 25 have 2 kids aged 6 months and 5 years. I've only been to Cork a handful of times but only visited family and not seen much of the place, we are moving to Farenree.
Cheers guys :mrgreen:

stay out of a shop called "porters" theres a right lazy wan that works in there & all she does is fart behind the counter.

oh & welcome

what part of scotland are you from?

I've done most of the research online into schools, crime rates etc but I want to know more about the place from the people who live there. I think the view I've been given from the hubby is a bit bias cos he's been wanting to move home for a while.
So anything you can tell me would be a great help. I'm 25 have 2 kids aged 6 months and 5 years. I've only been to Cork a handful of times but only visited family and not seen much of the place, we are moving to Farenree.

You'll be fine out. We treat the Scots better than we treat ourselves over here ;)

So anything you can tell me would be a great help. I'm 25 have 2 kids aged 6 months and 5 years. I've only been to Cork a handful of times but only visited family and not seen much of the place, we are moving to Farranree.

You'll be grand , It's like the best of Glasgow really , As it says on the Front page
Irish by misfortune
Cork by the grace of God

I wouldn't worry about the accent. I'm married to a scot myself & I can barely understand him half the time.

himself is from hamilton.

He'll have a similar accent to me then. My husband speaks like a Welsh farmer :confused:
I can understand him cos he talks slowly and clearly to me but when he's talking to someone from back home I don't understand a word.

:lol:

Really? That's good news but i'm worried I'll offend some people cos I can't understand the accent :?

Wouldn't worry - you will pick it up in no time...

Having said that, MrsPatMan's family are from Greenock, and the only accent she still struggles with Northside accents. Not just the accent, but how fast they all speak and the amount of slang words that are thrown in...

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sarah Buckley & Bróna Keogh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Conchur White

, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼