Far-Right Protests in Fermoy

Anyone who shows concern over their country's future is a homophobe, racist, xenophobic, nazi.
Nope, just you, your posts have consistently demonstrated this across your various accounts. Others here have voiced concerns without doing it in a prejudicial way. You should try it, I doubt you will have the mental ability though. By the way, you left your anti-vax, anti-mask covid denying tendencies.
As for the rest of your diatribe :lol!:

You are such a sad little man. Anyone who shows concern over their country's future is a homophobe, racist, xenophobic, nazi.
Do you have children, how's the future looking for them? Housing, services, medical care, from what I've picked up on here you don't seem to be much of a father to be honest. I have 2 very good black friends, there are mixed race people and immigrants at these protests but you are really such a plonker you are incapable of any critical thought. A sad little man with biceps on his thumbs is what you're whole life is about.
Having black friends is no defence against consistently xenophobic and racist posts here. It doesn’t excuse you from anything and shows what you really think of your so called black friends. ‘Sure I can’t be racist, I have black friends’

Moron.

What do you think of the job the government is doing in this area m8?
Not great. Protesting outside centres holding IPAS applicants and burning down centres rumoured to be holding them is not a rational response. Posting several racist posts here as Derek the Opposite has done is not a rational response either.

Not great.
Not great?

It's fucking terrible m8. As bad as they're doing in housing and health. I'm pro immigration, but Christ almighty, have some fucking infrastructure in place for people.

Tents are not infrastructure. Over the last few months I've seen what I think are reasonable people complaining how services that they need have been highly impacted by the amount of refugees that have been brought to their community.

These people have also said refugees are welcome but that there comes a time when they can't take anymore as they've nowhere for them to go and nothing for them to do. Not to mention the employees of hotels that have suddenly found themselves jobless.

I'd say tourism is going to take a battering too in a few years. Have you seen the price of a hotel lately?

But I suppose pointing all this out is racist? Bollocks it is. It's reality.

But what am I telling you for? In 2011, with the country on its fucking knees, you walked into an election booth and decided everything was grand.

Not great?

It's fucking terrible m8. As bad as they're doing in housing and health. I'm pro immigration, but Christ almighty, have some fucking infrastructure in place for people.

Tents are not infrastructure. Over the last few months I've seen what I think are reasonable people complaining how services that they need have been highly impacted by the amount of refugees that have been brought to their community.

These people have also said refugees are welcome but that there comes a time when they can't take anymore as they've nowhere for them to go and nothing for them to do. Not to mention the employees of hotels that have suddenly found themselves jobless.

I'd say tourism is going to take a battering too in a few years. Have you seen the price of a hotel lately?

But I suppose pointing all this out is racist? Bollocks it is. It's reality.

But what am I telling you for? In 2011, with the country on its fucking knees, you walked into an election booth and decided everything was grand.
A lot to unpack there. You’ve clearly made your mind up so I’ll just make a few points and leave it at that.

1. There is a shortage of accommodation. Buildings being targeted by racist arson attacks has not helped that.
2. There is no doubt GP services, school places etc are under strain. They were long before IPAS applicants arrived in the numbers they have been over the past 2 years. Amazingly some never showed concern for this until those dam foreigners started needing these services.
3. Hotel prices have been a ripoff for years. Nothing to do with IPAS applicants.
4. How I voted in 2011 is irrelevant to this issue.

A lot to unpack there. You’ve clearly made your mind up so I’ll just make a few points and leave it at that.
Lol. I've made my mind up. The whole country could burn down around you and you'd still vote FF like a good little sheep that you are.
1. There is a shortage of accommodation. Buildings being targeted by racist arson attacks has not helped that.
No it hasn't. But answer me this. When you're struggling to house people anyway, and can't keep up, what's bringing more people in going to do?
2. There is no doubt GP services, school places etc are under strain. They were long before IPAS applicants arrived in the numbers they have been over the past 2 years. Amazingly some never showed concern for this until those dam foreigners started needing these services.
No m8, lots of politicians and people have been pointing this out for years. You stick your fingers in your well fed ears and call them headbangers.
3. Hotel prices have been a ripoff for years.
Yes.
Nothing to do with IPAS applicants.
Anecdotal as it's just my experience, but I think they're definitely dearer now. Supply demand thingy
4. How I voted in 2011 is irrelevant to this issue.
It's very relevant. Because you will never think critically about anything and always vote the same no matter what.

I expect the bomb threats to Helen McEntees family will cast all protests in a negative light now.

It was a disgusting and cowardly act but it shouldnt reflect on those with genuine concerns.

I expect the bomb threats to Helen McEntees family will cast all protests in a negative light now.

It was a disgusting and cowardly act but it shouldnt reflect on those with genuine concerns.
The trouble makers at protests cast them in a negative light. Most with genuine concerns don’t go near any protests.

The trouble makers at protests cast them in a negative light. Most with genuine concerns don’t go near any protests.
Again, just from watching the news that's not what I'm seeing the last few months.

Yes, they're are some disgusting vile racists stirring shit up, but I've seen people with genuine concerns interviewed too.

At the protests.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼