Facebook

What do ya make of those who get rid of the option of where you can add them as a friend e.g. friend request..

Surely this defeats the purpose of FB,You can allways of course block users who you dont want to connect with be friends with

I experimented with facebook and alcohol one time.
Next day I was going through my notes on the experiment and discovered I had made a friend request to one of Ruttys friends saying she looked like an elf.
I no longer use facebook.

The ubiquitous nature of FB reminds me of the property boom in small ways...the way almost everyone has bought into it. There's no harm in having an account and I can see the benefit of staying in touch with people regularly but the phenomenal penetration of it has had into people's everyday lives is incredible.

Irish people have to be one of the most loyal of all nations to big brand names in the world, whether its your GAP hoodies, global yellow beer brands, dedication to the premiership and now, Facebook.

I also find the rate that people check their Facebooks quite sad: first thing in the morning before they get out of bed and then literally every half hour until you turn out the light at night.

That dependence for some people has got to be unhealthy long term IMO.

I think it's weird the way some companies ONLY use Facebook and don't have websites. It's very annoying for finding information that isn't about what's happening right now.

The ubiquitous nature of FB reminds me of the property boom in small ways...the way almost everyone has bought into it. There's no harm in having an account and I can see the benefit of staying in touch with people regularly but the phenomenal penetration of it has had into people's everyday lives is incredible.

It will all crash soon and the people who were on the bandwagon will be in complete denial about how sad they were .

What do ya make of those who get rid of the option of where you can add them as a friend e.g. friend request..

Surely this defeats the purpose of FB,You can allways of course block users who you dont want to connect with be friends with

Exhibit A

Did-you-Find-me.jpg

Never been on face book and as someone in my early twenties I'm looked upon as wierd...I think its intrusive and addictive...I think it should be banned it takes over peoples lives I remember seeing a person at a bar at 12 o clock at night looking at facebook on his laptop...disgrace

Never been on face book and as someone in my early twenties I'm looked upon as wierd...I think its intrusive and addictive...I think it should be banned it takes over peoples lives I remember seeing a person at a bar at 12 o clock at night looking at facebook on his laptop...disgrace

weird.

you think he'd want some privacy while wanking.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼