Ex-garda faces up to 10 years in jail

I don't like to delight in anyones misery. This fellow is in a dark place now. If it's a gambling problem he has which looks likely he can overcome this if he really and truly wants to. He broke the law and he must pay. He's probably a sound enough fellow but his brain was addled with money. If he ever does do time which I personally doubt tbh, he'l come out the far side a better and wiser individual.

I don't like to delight in anyones misery. This fellow is in a dark place now. If it's a gambling problem he has which looks likely he can overcome this if he really and truly wants to. He broke the law and he must pay. He's probably a sound enough fellow but his brain was addled with money. If he ever does do time which I personally doubt tbh, he'l come out the far side a better and wiser individual.

I think his colleagues pity him more than hate him at this stage.

I don't think he had a gambling problem but he sure as shit has a personal responsibility problem.

He betrayed the trust of practically everyone around him, including his family, and this stage of the process (the sentancing) is just another phase in his punishment.

I think he will get jail. You simply cannot rob a frail old lady of her savings and expect a judge to pity you because you've already been through the mill.

He won't get ten years and he obviously won't be sent into the genpop of Mountjoy, but he will be put away for a while.

And as for coming out the other end a better man? Maybe, but no less troubled.

i worked with him... he stole money from me... im very conflicted ... and to be honest quite hypocritical... if i didnt know him id say let him rot in hell he deserves prison .. but he's still my buddy ... i dont want anything bad to happen to him.. for fucks sake were gardai were above this shit as we have to be, thats the basic nature of the job you have to be a good person ...

Same happened when I was in, a classmate stole from others in the class(not me, I never have a cent), but was ejected the day before we got attested. Vanished off the face of the earth then.
Fact is some slip through the net. The dude in Carrigaline is another sad story. It should not have been let get this far. Somewhere along the way someone was covering for him.

a letter had arrived looking for payment for his wedding rings. She said if he didn’t repay it he would lose his wife so he left without replacing the cash

Jesus, the repossesion guys are really hitting you where it hurts these days.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nicole Maguire
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

25th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼