English Football Championship Thread

The fight for the playoff slots will be intense.
Beating Blackburn away was a significant step for an in form Boro and has pulled Blackburn back into the pack but getting a man sent off after the Boro equalizer was a big factor and I expect them to make the playoffs.
Burnley and Sheffield United are way out in front with 50 points and look safe but there is still a long way to go.

Without a doubt the Championship is the most exciting competition in England.

Top 2 nailed on, up to 14 teams in with a shout of a play off place, in a way i miss it, premier league not all its cracked up to be bar the finances,

Top 2 nailed on, up to 14 teams in with a shout of a play off place, in a way i miss it, premier league not all its cracked up to be bar the finances,
Wouldn't be so sure, Utd are losing tonight and there's a long way to go.

Boro won again today and up to fifth, which is great but I just hope they can sustain it this year because it was the same story for them the last two years on this date and it all fell apart.

Last edited:
Deflated after losing the derby in Sunderland. Fry going off and the goal from the penalty and it was always going to be an up hill battle.
Big game at home on Saturday now against 3rd placed Watford with only 2 points between the sides.

Sunderland were much the better side.Could have been more than 2-0. Even before the penalty and red card Sunderland looked much more dangerous and impressive.Amad, Stewart,Patrick Roberts and Jack Clarke are as good as any attacking options available to any other team fighting for the playoffs. I fancy Sunderland to sneak into 5th or 6th.They seem to be on a roll

Sunderland were much the better side.Could have been more than 2-0. Even before the penalty and red card Sunderland looked much more dangerous and impressive.Amad, Stewart,Patrick Roberts and Jack Clarke are as good as any attacking options available to any other team fighting for the playoffs. I fancy Sunderland to sneak into 5th or 6th.They seem to be on a roll
three years ago jack clarke looked a huge prospect at leeds, how is he doing now?

three years ago jack clarke looked a huge prospect at leeds, how is he doing now?
Started the season really impressively.Was leading assists in the league for a while but went off the boil a little before the World Cup break.Is beginning to look a bit better again but I suppose inconsistency is what you get with young exciting wingers.
Sunderland have targeted young players on the fringes of big teams in the hope of developing them.Clarke is an example of that and it seems to be working really well fir the club

I actually thought Middlesbrough played better after they went a man and a goal down.
However eventually the extra man counted and after the second went in it was game over.
Allways going to be difficult in a derby at the stadium of Shite, next to impossible when Fry got sent off and they went a goal down from the penalty.

Yes Sunderland are a good team but Boro were on a roll as well before the weekend. Things are tight for the playoff slots and lots of good teams still in the hunt.
Makes the next game for Boro against Watford all the more important for them.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

8th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼