Eejitology: the Study of PRoCcers and their Origins.

I'd seriously doubt that ever happened.
Wanna bet.....

During the Famine the Cork Dog Pound was on the South Side of the City where the C.M.P. now stands. Stray dogs not claimed after six weeks were to be put down. But at the request
of the local fishermen the unclaimed dogs were hanged instead of being shot. This meant the skin on the dogs body was unbroken. Once hanged the dead dog was thrown into a pot of boiling water. This streached the skin, the dog was quickly pulled out and with a sharp knife a circle was cut around the top part of the dogs neck. The skin could then be easily pulled back over the dogs body. When this was done the skin of course was inside out. The paws and the tail end were bound with cat gut and chopped off. We now had an inside out dog skin bag. The outside was rubbed with lime to cure it, and the inside was filled with urine and left for two weeks. Needless to say the neck was tied with cat gut. After two weeks the urine had dissolved the dog hair and the skin was once more reversed. It was now hairless and airtight and could be blown up like a balloon and sealed at the neck. It was then tarred to preserve it. This ensured it was waterproof, and it made a perfect float for a fisherman. One it could be used as a float for nets when they were trawling, and second when a fishing line was wound around it with a deep sea bait and hook on one end. The minute the float started to spin with the blown up legs flaying the waters the fisherman knew he had a catch.
All this helped some of our people survive through a terrible period of our history. And it was how the place became known as the Hangdog Road. That old dog pound is long gone now and they don’t hang dogs there anymore

Wanna bet.....

During the Famine the Cork Dog Pound was on the South Side of the City where the C.M.P. now stands. Stray dogs not claimed after six weeks were to be put down. But at the request
of the local fishermen the unclaimed dogs were hanged instead of being shot. This meant the skin on the dogs body was unbroken. Once hanged the dead dog was thrown into a pot of boiling water. This streached the skin, the dog was quickly pulled out and with a sharp knife a circle was cut around the top part of the dogs neck. The skin could then be easily pulled back over the dogs body. When this was done the skin of course was inside out. The paws and the tail end were bound with cat gut and chopped off. We now had an inside out dog skin bag. The outside was rubbed with lime to cure it, and the inside was filled with urine and left for two weeks. Needless to say the neck was tied with cat gut. After two weeks the urine had dissolved the dog hair and the skin was once more reversed. It was now hairless and airtight and could be blown up like a balloon and sealed at the neck. It was then tarred to preserve it. This ensured it was waterproof, and it made a perfect float for a fisherman. One it could be used as a float for nets when they were trawling, and second when a fishing line was wound around it with a deep sea bait and hook on one end. The minute the float started to spin with the blown up legs flaying the waters the fisherman knew he had a catch.
All this helped some of our people survive through a terrible period of our history. And it was how the place became known as the Hangdog Road. That old dog pound is long gone now and they don’t hang dogs there anymore
Reduce reuse recycle ♻️

Wanna bet.....

Once again.
Filthy cunts.
Hope they burn in Hell the lot of them.

Name: Eleven
Born: in County Cork, not like you city people
Raised: out in the countryside
Marital Status: single, thank god
Interests: fast cars and making things

Stromovka. Have had 4 previous usernames, changed out of boredom. 3 of them still "alive", just checked, haven't used them in years and years. One, 6freerolls, has a lifetime ban. I was never told why. I don't do alts.

Born - Bons of course! As if I had a choice.

Raised and lived on the southside.

Just turned 64.

Managed to retire early from the HSE over 2 years ago. Ran out the door and never looked back. On the glorious PS pension +. Still doing research stuff, I've become so lazy.

Married 35 years with one child. She's 31!!!

Interested in skilled music, whether it's guitar, piano, whatever. I've always been interested in the individual rather than the gang. Also, astronomy, technology, photography, art (some),

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Karaoke Pride Party

, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼